3800 damnit joe

I

imported_GraFFix

Who you telling...Talk about a kick in the teeth. I was a little pissed off last night on the way home. I was happy to get the car finally running and to be able to drive it again. You should of seen the look on my face when I started it up and saw the SES light flashing. It was all downhill from there...

I know you got a bunch of rags around the garage and a lighter...the gas cap should be fairly easy to get off....I can think of one quick and easy fix for the car. :angry:

I

imported_GraFFix

Well, were not sure...lol

James thought it was just the lower intake gaskets...so after tearing it down to those the gaskets were shot! It looked like a no brainer that those were the issue. So we just replaced the lower intake gasket, valve cover gaskets, blower gasket...etc and put everything back together. Ran the car up to operating temp. everything looked great. Changed the oil ran it again, changed the oil one last time and topped off the coolant. ran it again for a little while. everything was great.
Took it for a little test drive around the block a few times seemed like it was all fixed.

I then drove home to pick up my GF so we could get both cars back home, an hour later i got back, get in the car start it up and the check engine light starts flashing...Misfire on cyl 6. Took it for a little ride was sputtering and being a bitch.

I pulled it back into his driveway left it there and drove home.

I have no idea what happened...but its really pissing me off. I guess well find out tonight.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
What was the problem was it the head gaskets? [/b]

just this:

badTBgasket.jpg

more than lekely it was the product of the trans builds he's had done on it and some goofball slapped it on, coolant was getting past it into the LIM

some pics of joes immaculate beast :lolsign:

dirty97L67.jpg

joes97GTP.jpg

i'll be starting it up tomarrow morning to see how she runs...then joe can pick it up

I

imported_GraFFix

Holy shit did you throw dirt on my motor and car after I left!! Dont believe him it looks like this...
clean_engine2.jpg

LOL your camera doesnt help the looks of the car either....haha

Although that TB gasket was a problem those lower intake gaskets were jacked up! Im sure some coolant was seeping past the swiss cheese gasket....

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
It's sucking the F250's will to live! [/b]

probably true...

Mikey likes it.... :lol: maybe oneday i'll let you drive it down the track to a blistering 18-20second run

Does that ford truck run? Whats in it a 351? I'm guessing its a '71? [/b]

runs and drives excellent...all original 68 F250 camper special with just under 73k miles (ranch truck) with the 390FE (2bbl), NP435 (granny first), Dana 60 with 3.73 gears...it'd pull down a house

right now she's waiting for me to get the rest of the new parts i need to swap on the 79 f350 disk brakes (yeah 12x3 drum brakes dont work great when hauling 15000lbs behind ya) and 3.55 D60 (35 spline) under her for a bit better fuel economy (i can hit 11mpg with a tailwind) and the ability to stop when some asshat stops in front of me while i'm towing something...

besides the bed isnt just holding it's parts...it's holding 5 3800's worth of parts :lolsign:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
<div class='quotemain'>
Fred Sanford called......he wants his truck back! ;)
[/b]
thought his wuz red[/b][/quote]

good reference....i think it was more of a brick/rust color....

TB gaskets are the cause of a many a problem. Thats why I stay away from them. [/b]

so yer sayin' that it's your garlic....right? lol

RTV. [/b]

Permatex non hardening 300 sealer (aviation sealer, a relative of hylomar) wayyyy better than rtv with cellulose gaskets and it isnt likey to squeeze out and break off

yeah joe no longer has his TB spacer...lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info