3800 Dam, I am Stressed Out Today

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Yesterday afternoon at work at about 3:30 I was suppose to send an email to my outside sales guy. We'v been trying to save one of my customer s some money on each part they buy from us, but its really tough because the market keeps increasing. Anyways, I sent a email earlier in the day stating I had to increase a part cost wise. She had to get back to me due to the fact that she had to get managements approval. Later in the afternoon she sent me back an email stating they were not going to take any price increases. I weas so pissed off at that time I wasnt really thinking. I went to send an email to my outside guy stating I wanted him to take care of this and that I was getting irritated with the purchasing in regards to the price increase. Well, it some how forwarded to the purchasing and my outside sales.

Would you be pissed off for a brief minute and shrug it off in the business world and think nothing of it the next day and move on with life or would you hold it against me? Her and I do get a long so I hope that helps. Its one of my biggest customers

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Mike, She's unrealistic if she thinks a product is not going to increase in price over 5 years. Tough love here, but I think properly communicating with her that price increases are normal would have been the best bet rather than yelling at your outside sales guy.

Of course, I have but a very small sample of data to grab from but it seems to me, big customer or not, they have unrealistic expectations.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
it's a ploy by her company to get the lowest price possible.[/b]

You're just about dead on with that comment.

Mike, She's unrealistic if she thinks a product is not going to increase in price over 5 years. Tough love here, but I think properly communicating with her that price increases are normal would have been the best bet rather than yelling at your outside sales guy.

Of course, I have but a very small sample of data to grab from but it seems to me, big customer or not, they have unrealistic expectations.[/b]

Mike, I know your a smart business man or at least great with people, but you also hit it dead on. THat customer has unrealistic axpectations.

As far as the aftermath went I guess she was a little upset from what I was told. SHe likes me and I do a great job with that company from waht she told my boss. SHe does nto want me off the of the account. She forwarded the email to the President of my company and he read it. Man I thought I was in for it, but I guess he laughed it off and told me not to let it happen again. I'm good at what I do and they know it, and I rarely make mistakes but this one topped the icing of the cake. Oh well, it doen and over with but dam I lost a lot of sleep over that one.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

<div class='quotemain'>
She forwarded the email to your president.. what a bitch.
[/b]

Like I said, still trying to get the best deal.......
[/b][/quote]
My favorite movie qoute of all time (Clerks):
"you know, this job wouldn't be half-bad if it weren't for the fu**ing customers..."

Sales is a funny animal, you can get away with a lot of crap that most jobs would fire you in a minute over as long as you're bringing in revenue. Hell, I turned away a customer in Vegas I could have got an $80K order out of without any major repercussions. But I was also bringing in a lot of new customers, so it balances out. The only reason I turned them away is because they came outside of their appointment, and I was already working with 2 other people...plus I wanted to have a smoke at the time! (hadn't had a break in 6 hours). The only drawback is now I need to fly down to San Antonio to see these guys!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
She forwarded the email to your president.. what a bitch.
[/b]

Like I said, still trying to get the best deal.......
[/b][/quote]
My favorite movie qoute of all time (Clerks):
"you know, this job wouldn't be half-bad if it weren't for the fu**ing customers..."

Sales is a funny animal, you can get away with a lot of crap that most jobs would fire you in a minute over as long as you're bringing in revenue. Hell, I turned away a customer in Vegas I could have got an $80K order out of without any major repercussions. But I was also bringing in a lot of new customers, so it balances out. The only reason I turned them away is because they came outside of their appointment, and I was already working with 2 other people...plus I wanted to have a smoke at the time! (hadn't had a break in 6 hours). The only drawback is now I need to fly down to San Antonio to see these guys!
[/b][/quote]

You forgot the best part ron.

"Which ones?"

"All of them."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info