3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i think we've gone a bit far... enjoy

portedoilfilteradaptor1.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...shedstarter.jpg

SCtensioner1.jpg

i was playing with a chipped piston...they did polish piston tops before they came out with fancy coatings...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...pistondeck1.jpg

would these idlers provide sufficient belt wrap? :D

bigandlittleidlers.jpg

should i polish the rear cover/main seal carrier?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yes, polish everything polishable! then come polish my blower and valve cover!!! [/b]

well thats one more vote....you can get just as dirty as i do...it wont hurt a bit :D

You just have a fetish for shiny things don't you? [/b]

fer sure!...kinda like the way a bassboat sparkles and makes you want to buy it ;)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
some more pics

first the oil filter adaptor, i ported out the inlet and outlet of the filter and Tcover portion, i also removed the oil filter bypass shown here (to the right) and plugged the passage with a part from another 3800

portedoilfilteradaptor4.jpg

here is the plugged part and ported filter side

portedoilfilteradaptor3.jpg

this end just needed a little cleanup...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...teradaptor2.jpg

started on the alternator...140amp

140ampstartedpolishing.jpg

I

imported_GraFFix

The garage was pretty clean...Although After the past 6 hour wrench fest on my car I think we left it a little dirtier then it was when i got there....theirs a 3800lb pile of scrap taking up most of the room now. but I will be driving that scrap out of there tomorrow. lol

Ohh and whatever James says about my engine bay..its all a LIE! Dont believe him, its spotless...

clean_engine2.jpg

Or was at one point in time :ph34r:

Little inside joke B)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hey joe call me, i still need to grab that idler setup from alan, then i'll have gotten my hands on both your cars...lol

SOME of what we got done saturday final polishing and clearcoat...lots more to do today...

alternatorbracket1.jpg

polished140amp1.jpg

this bugger was fun to mask off for the gloss black inlay

LFTqmount1.jpg

today we finish sandblasting the LIM and then glass beading it, and maybe we'll do some more porting on the heads...

we seem to be taking our time...i wish we had it in already B)

I

imported_snoop

dude, what is the trick to it. i did my alternator and i think there is alot more room for improvement (worked on it like 30 mins). is it just that much time consuming and thats it......when do i put on the damn compound...getting tired of those little white pads getting dirty the minute i put it to use after cleaning it for 10 mins. any help would be great. thanks bro

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i spent almost 2 hrs on the 140amp alternator case and over 3 hrs on the 105amp case (craploads of crannies)

an 8 inch bench grinder with 8 inch buffing wheels help alot...

oh and the disks should get dirty...that black is the oxidized aluminum....leave it "dirty"

i apply the compound (a quick swipe across the pad surface) about every minute or so....usually when i notice it's not removing material as well....

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Who's Schlims auto repair? Looks like old advertising on the classic truck lol....[/b]

that'd be me...that sign, the vector lightbar, generator, welder, and aircompressor and tools were on my old truck, a 86 F150 with 79 F350 D60 and springs swapped under the rear (5lug front with 8 lug 5 slot rears)

the bed was cut up and modified (in a most redneck way mind you :blink: ) to fit the airtank, toolboxes and everything i needed to go out wheeling and make $ fixing their junk on a trail - lotta weathy stupid kids...made good money for the most part then i switched over to doing vehicle repair houscalls....

i will have the 68 F250/350 much better configured for what i want (EVERYTHING! but the kitchen sink...i wanna parts washer lol) with onboard air and a 1750watt inverter (so i dont need the generator all the time)

i wanna make it so we can fill it with tools, throw the 64' harley davidson golfcart in the back and go to the track with the 442 and the Nova

Psychotic Gearhead ;)

fwiw i still have the pager (motorolla alphanumeric) but the company shut it's doors...in the middle of my 5 year contract

I like what your doing with the valve covers, painting just the centers right? [/b]

Gold with the slots masked off and the tops of the 3 platteu's (sp?) painted high gloss aluminum, looks stunning with the masking tape off...

this engine is sure gonna shine! i sure hope we can get both engines finished before the sept Oldsmobile Nationals at Byron

hey joe call me....i should have that schlimbilt idler pulley soon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info