3800 Redoing Intake - Need Advice

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I need some help on figuring out what to do with my air intake on my SSEi (mods are listed below).

Currently, I have a 3.5" FWI with a 9" K&N filter. This connects to the LQ4 MAF with a 3.75" reducer (reversed :p ) so it can connect to the larger diameter of the LQ4 MAF. I believe (and Ron thought it was probable) that the 3.5 intake tubing paired with the numerous bends (one being a 90*) was hampering air getting into the engine. (This was theorized based on consistently low MAF readings at WOT.)

Anyway, I would like to scrap the FWI intake and go with a shorter, more direct-path CAI. My idea is to use a 3.75" 45* silcone elbow off of the N* TB inlet that connects to the LQ4 outlet. From the LQ4 inlet, use 3.75" silcone tubing to the outlet of a 3.75" outlet, 7" K&N round filter (using a short piece of aluminum pipe couple the filter to the tubing.)

I'm wondering if I should go with 4" or 3.75" tubing on the intake? I was thinking 4" would be too big and might cause problems with air velocity.

Thanks in advance. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• TommyGloves
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list