3800 What do you get highway mileage?

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
Took a long highway drive, and I got a true 25mpg(no stopping except to refill gas). I was hoping for a little more. Atleast it's better than the 8-14 I get with the other car :blink:

Just curious if this is what to expect, or something is off. Remember this is not chicago i90 go fast, go slow, stop at toll. This is wisconsin i90 where you just cruise at 65-75 for 2 hours :p

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well some of us have custom tunes for gas mileage so it will vary. when i had the T-4 still on the car and i didnt go under boost i had 33-37 with cruise control on.
now with the the paperweight back on top of the motor im about 26-29

what mods do you have? they will effect your MPGs
best way to help is to have scanner like the intercepter to watch timing and you will figure out how to drive(feeling where the sweet spot on the throttle is) with the timing always pretty high.

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
I got around 25mpg when I made that same drive you're talking about. I'm in the south suburbs and drove to Minneapolis from 39 to 90/94 all the way into the Twin Cities. I would've made it one tank of gas but I was getting low around Eau Claire and didn't want to chance it. I knew that exits for fuel aren't as likely there as they are in the Chicagoland area.

When I came back, I did make one stop in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin to take a leak but I didn't refuel. Pulling back into my driveway, I still had a couple gallons left with 448 miles on the trip odo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info