3800 tranny question.

I

imported_1fastGTP

well i have a raybesto clutch rebuild kit, hardend 4th clutch shaft, and a 4340 input shaft. Im getting all these things put in my trans so i can be up and running. but i was thinken what about my chain...? should i get a 15/16 chain or just hold off? I will be totally rebuilding this trans but i need to drive this car. its been eating at me for sooo long now.(3 1/2 months) its turning nice out and this car needs to shine. The thing i was worried about is the chain snapping. so i was just trying to figure out what would go on me, if anything? I dont regularly beat on the car but there are those days where you just cant say no to the certain opportunities. so any input would be nice. Also i can end up selling this trans for a pretty penny with these parts in it/super low milage etc.. when the time comes for the rebuild. well let me know.

thanks
Shaun

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
for what the install and parts would of cost you could of got a complete GT tranny and just swaped your axle and dif.
and then you would of had a complete spare tranny that you could unbolt when your other one is done.
you can also feel how the 3.29 gears feel to see if you like 2.93s better that way.
how long before you get the other tranny?
if its under 2 months just dont do anything and save the $
sell the parts you have to put towards a spare tranny or wait for the race unit

but to answer your question any chain you choose will hold up for the time being.

I

imported_1fastGTP

so the stock chain will work on 10psi??? or are you saying if i buy one? also i dont want to go out and buy a trans for like 400+ when i can get mine fixed for that much. my trans is going to be a bit till i get it totally fixed. all im doing is saving and working etc... so i dont know how long it will officially take me... so this is why im trying to go the best route possible. i just wish i could get my tranny fully built and be done with it. but yea it takes alot of time/money.

I

imported_1fastGTP

well im droppen the trans off at the shop tomorrow morning. im just getting the parts i have in there so i can drive the car. This car wont be seeing its full potential for a few months. but as long as she shines and gets everyones head to turn again, im happy! the car will be up and running thursday or friday depending when he gets goen on the tranny.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list