3800 3800 Parts/Service Swaporama let's pay it forward

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
post parts/schtuff to pay it forward, help out a fellow member or sell it for procced's to the forum (thalord ya alive?) or whatever, i can bring some stuff to the mod day if anyone wants, i should be bringing out the sliced 3800 parts for any fellow benchracers/gearheads to check out and glean any info you want from em

ok so Al and I have 4 SII blocks two of which are the new L67 and the L36/67 both are going into the 442 asap! lol

so aside from me keeping two L36 heads and some other small parts for my SI/SII hybrid i can afford to remove from my pile o' parts

make offers for L36 parts and i can help ya out fer dirt cheap, no head sets though since they will be getting sliced (except a third lonely l36 head for a fellow member-dude 20$ if ya want it man i'll even throw in a couple valves and springs for you to help protect the seats while you practice porting)

i have an LIM, balancers etc i dont need em, let me know and their yours misc brackets exhaust mani's etc

services, since i'm doing so much setup work getting stuff done on the 442's engines like backcutting valves etc if you want to play with stuff on your heads, engine etc (ahem brian) i work for food and beverage and company...but you have to bring it here and be willing to get dirty, lol

and yes this is while we drop the whole L67 straight into the 442 (we may throw the polished stuff on), but 300$ and 200$ gas kinda killed most of the budget so we're gonna throw it straight in and if there's time after the 01 gp harness swap i'll work on the L36/67 getting dropped into the rear with our new 99 ssei harness/pcm

so let's pay it forward and help each other out to get some more RUNNING cars to the mod/track day :lolsign:

Al and I are in the garage raping the new engine right now ;) would be nice to drop it in this next weekend...

Regards, James and Al

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
what no one's interested? i hate throwing things out

i have a crapload of L36 vc's tons of bolts and hardware, l36 head/s, l36 tb, l36 lim

99 SSEi rack and pinion 72k 20$ with tie rod ends (inners and outers)

H and G body mounts (eric may take the g body engine mounts for his riv)

purge solenoids, NA coils and other crap if i got it it's yours fer cheap

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I might be interested in something.. what, I don't know yet. [/b]

lol let me know!

to add to the list i have spare crank sensors etc, L36 dampners, egr valves and stands with pipes (we wont be running any emissions on the 442) misc bolts 99+ alter/tens bracket (i dont think we'll use since both alternatorswe have use the <98 style) water pump pulleys, i have already milled passage rear covers, h and g body oil filter adaptors, top end brackets (alt support etc) too much to list really

WANTED:

W body 3800 AC compressor mount bracket the H/G body units will not work with the W body front mount bracket i have....

here's a couple pics of the stockpile :blink: yes it's well organized...well it is now anyways :rolleyes:

got3800parts1.jpg

got3800parts2.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
lol

graffix i could help you but al and i wanna drive the 442 at the track mod/track day (aka bust ass and git r dun), if you have an air compressor i may be able to help you out but manual tools are just too slow for me...

but since we need $ for a radiator and misc asap i'd give ya a deal...esp if you can get it to my garage with all my equipment

james lets just stop what we are doing and put all our parts together, build 6 cars out of it and split the profits from the sale of them [/b]

tell ya what since you have a chassis how about we build 6 engines and put em all in the whore :eek:

James, are the LIM's for a L67? How much? I want to polish it, and open it up to match it to my blower. It will give me something to do while I look for a descent tranny I can afford.
CJ [/b]

only L36 sorry, we only have two L67 lim's, one sandblasted with fully ported inlet, divider, port entries and runners and the other one is on the SSEi engine still :p

is that a polished alternator? if so how much if forsale? [/b]

yes it is, and no you cant have it, thats 2 hrs work right there but if you go to harbor freight buy a 6$ 8 inch buffing wheel and some compound i'll let you use my bench grinder and do your own alternator some time (tip: wear clothes you can throw away...lol) just bring liguor :D

How much for an alternator? [/b]

not fer sale but i think i have some sbc and a 3100 and 3.4 LQ1 alternators but i know they arent for the 3800 app...

btw i have already started "loafing" one of my 2261 head castings (95-97 L36 only head) and will start on a late model 4781 casting soon (the L36/67 heads with the bosses for the injectors of which i have three undrilled l36's and of course our soon to be used 4 L67 heads) so i'll be using two of the remaining three for my hybrid and mockup work till i get L67 heads for my dual injector 3800

so if anyone wants the other 2261 casting for head porting practice they can grab it...i just want to find out the differences in the castings early to late model...

does anyone have the casting # for the 96-97 L67 heads?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
this what your looking for???
[/b]

naw this bugger here:

GHbodyacbracket.jpg

this is the G/Hbody bracket with the front motor mount near the water pump, instead of the Wbody mount below the balancer on a U shaped bracket, the problem is the backside of the bracket i saved will not bolt flush to the block with the motor mount plate in between, i was going to do some grinding and cutting but it looks like i will just be weakening the bracket if i do...

the L67 came from a 99 ssei that was cruched in the RF and to the right is whats left, on the left is the G/H body unit same as what was on the ssei and behind them and the sliced cylinder head is the W body front motor mount plate (U)

GHbodyacbracketwithwbodymount.jpg

Got any oil pans in there? I crushed mine....don't ask.
CJ [/b]

lol i remember, yeah i have one come get it....got an AC compressor bracket? :lolsign:

oh and whatever you do dont drop a cylinder head...you end up with a puzzle :p

sliced2261casting1.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Thanks guys for helping reduce the pile o parts...it was great hanging out....i'm glad i could con CJ into taking a L36 valvecover :lolsign: thanks for that steel cj, we already put it to good use...for the drill press/porting table

He should be PMing you
[/b]

I havent gotten anything yet and i'm running out of things to polish... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info