3800 well it happened...

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Well from the salt trucks hitting my car when we had all the snow I got a small little crack.. Now it worked its way across the entire windshield so I have no choice but to replace it soon... Any one know a good place that can do it... How much do you think it would be to fix... Anyone ever had to change theirs???
[/b]
You got the HUD?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
If you have the HUD windshield its more than twice the cost of a regular windshield. Unless you are going through the insurance company, it would be in your best interest to just get a regular windshield. The HUD may be a tiny bit blurry, if at all.

I heard that the HUD windshields (in these cars atleast) are only much stronger quality controlled windshields than "regular" windshields. Don't know how true that is though.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
No, they have a reflective coating built in in the area where the HUD reflects, that's why they cost so much. Not to mention a lot less limited production numbers. That's why it'll be blurry with a regular windshield, because it doesn't have the coating to properly reflect a focused image. And yeah, they cost like a grand, hopefully you can get you're insurance to cover it.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

If you have the HUD windshield its more than twice the cost of a regular windshield. Unless you are going through the insurance company, it would be in your best interest to just get a regular windshield. The HUD may be a tiny bit blurry, if at all.

I heard that the HUD windshields (in these cars atleast) are only much stronger quality controlled windshields than "regular" windshields. Don't know how true that is though.
[/b]

If you get a regular windshield, the HUD will be a little blurry, but the big problem is that is makes it much harder to see in the daytime (more so than the stock). If you don't really care, then get a basic replacement.

Yes, these windshields are of the same quality that they would put in Mercedes, BMW, ect. ect., they have almost zero flaws or "waves" and I believe are blue tinted instead of green tinted which makes seeing the HUD easier.
CJ

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
when i had mine replaced it was like 250 installed. dirt cheap. i have to find who it was since it wa someone my dad knew.
[/b]

If you could find that for me it would be awesome...
[/b][/quote]

I would double check to see if you really recieved the correct glass, or that is used glass. :blink: :unsure:

BTW, you may want to try around for used glass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info