3800 well its time to say good bye to the drag car

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
I thought this day would never happen...we have to say goodbye to the drag whore.
after getting bumped back, chassis designers refusing to work on it, and everything else to possibe to delay
it getting done i feel a big weight is finally lifted. It is leaving on saturday morning and hopefully we will have a turn around in a little less then a month. High speed welding in westmont is the builder.

i will be posting some pics of the progress while it is in the shop if anyone is intrested.
here is a few pics in case anyone has not seen the shell that is left of a 97 GTP
the pics are from last year, it has gone on serious diet since its "heavy" state that is shown

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
lmfao poor guy...hey it's almost shorts weather...lol

so i take it your having it built to clear the oem (albeit heavily gutted) dash?

ahhh i can remember doing the plasmacutting and chassis work on the 442....i want to chop the top to do the halo bar and instead of the 10pt go straight to a 14 point...thats not until later...

cant wait to see the pics B)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
no mike thats not your duct tape. when i got it dirt on the edges of the weather stripping were holding it in place.

the dash is long gone james, those pics are a little old. that is a stock dash and it weighs 68lbs(just the metal structure :eek: ) i should of made a list like honey church did seeing as i was weighing alot of what we were removing.
when the windows come out i will take its final pics. i would love to weigh the car before the real gutting begins but thats not going to happen. my guess as is she might be around 1800-1900(with glass windows)

voytek will survive, its just the cars been washed once since ive owned it and who knows when before that.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
the tub is missing. i need newer pics. we didnt even need to cut it out tho. High speed is doing more cutting then we can do with out the car caving in on itself. of course it will be on a frame straightner when they do it
i sat in the car today and actually got real excited all over again. i set up the getting it towed and its all set for saturday at 9am

CJ i need to get your number, i have a quick Q for you before then

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well it is officialy gone now. windows were popped out last night (thanks again CJ) my dads friend came and loaded it up(still suprised it didnt cave in with the amount of flexing) and followed us to High Speed.

it should be all chopped in the next week in a half. i will post some pics of the car leaving in its final stages to go later today

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info