3800 New tranny soon

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So Im going to go to the shop that my dad and his friend went to to get my tranny done.. I think it is a good deal.. They are going to do beefed up internals and install my shift kit.. It will be 1750 installed with warranty.. I think it is good.. then we will do headers and intercooler.. I old them I wanted a tranny that could handle 300+.. Should go in in about 2 month... Cant wait...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Just about every tranny shop will tell you they can build a transmission to handle the power but when it comes down to doing it just about every transmission shop falls quite short. Unless they manufacture their own input shaft and chain drive they can't make the claim to build you a transmission to handle that power.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ask them what clutchs input,ouptut, TC, gearing and what size chain they plan to use and i bet half of that they will say is stock replacement.
also ask how many performance 4t65es they have "beeefed up".
talk to certified or dynotech and ask what they put just in there base rebuild and i bet it will still outhandle what a random shop will put together
i think mike nailed it on the head pretty much. the hard parts alone would almost equal the price there quoting. Are they doing the labor for free?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info