3800 Paging Ron Vogel

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Hey Mike. That sucks your demodding. Did you ever change your IC lines, pump and radiator?? I know for sure using the SSIC stuff with your new core would not be a good idea.
[/b]

Its all been changed and replaced. I think it would be better to go back to stock @ 103k miles on her. I still owe about $12k on the car. Its getting kind of scary. Unless something else can be done.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'll shoot you a PM. I may not be able to touch anything for a few weeks though, I start a new job on Monday, and I have to go to Vegas for business the following week. Right now I'm really way behind where I need to be.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

BTW, I sold my Lucas 42's in favor of some custom built 42's. They use Bosch cores, and build them any size you want. They are all matched together perfectly, and flow charts are included. Hopefully it cures the funky idle problems I have with the Lucas. Talking with the guy there, he confirmed what I suspected that the Lucas suffer from requiring a higher minimum injector pulse with. I've had issues tuning several peoples cars because of it. It kills milage at idle and low load. I didn't have any issues at all with the Ford Green-tops, and this should work out to be an inexpensive alternative to the rising prices of the green-tops. I'll be evaluating these over the next few months, we will probably carry these on the WBS site pretty soon.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
BTW, I sold my Lucas 42's in favor of some custom built 42's. They use Bosch cores, and build them any size you want. They are all matched together perfectly, and flow charts are included. Hopefully it cures the funky idle problems I have with the Lucas. Talking with the guy there, he confirmed what I suspected that the Lucas suffer from requiring a higher minimum injector pulse with. I've had issues tuning several peoples cars because of it. It kills milage at idle and low load. I didn't have any issues at all with the Ford Green-tops, and this should work out to be an inexpensive alternative to the rising prices of the green-tops. I'll be evaluating these over the next few months, we will probably carry these on the WBS site pretty soon.
[/b]

I actually have the Cobra 39lb injectors on my car. I wasnt sure if you knew that. When I got them they only had 2000 miles on them. They should still be good.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, you should be fine. In fact your cold stalling problem is not what I'm reffering to. The Lucas on many occassions will run very fat at idle and cruse for no particular reason. Phat ride's is a good example. His IFR table at 100 Kpa ended up at 150ish, when DHP reccomends 170ish for the same cell. With DHP's reccomended IFR tabe, his Lucas were off the charts rich.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Yeah, you should be fine. In fact your cold stalling problem is not what I'm reffering to. The Lucas on many occassions will run very fat at idle and cruse for no particular reason. Phat ride's is a good example. His IFR table at 100 Kpa ended up at 150ish, when DHP reccomends 170ish for the same cell. With DHP's reccomended IFR tabe, his Lucas were off the charts rich.
[/b]

i guess thats one of the reasons i had to scale down the bottom end ifr table on eric's riv (42.5 lucas) because no mater what we were rich at idle. i kinda figured it may have something to do with the slightly kinked return line on his rails...

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
[/b]

Actually its not stalling at all when its starts up cold. Its when its wramed up and I shut it off. WHen its warm is when the cars stalls unless I give it gas, but yeah thats another story

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I hope all is well. Do you want to demod the Grand Prix. Rockers, headers & Intercooler? I was wondering if we can wrok out some kind of deal. I need it stock again. Gas mileage sucks and I need it as a daily driver for another year or two. Plus its a KR machine amongst other problems. You can PM me if you want.

Mike
[/b]

NOOOO!!!!!

Say it aint so Mike... :eek:

I will keep a spot open for you in the 300+ Club...

Just in case.. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info