3800 you know its monday when its cold and your car doesnt start

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
so i go out to my car at 6:20 this morning get in and only to add to the horrible cold wind my car doesnt start. the car refused to turn over. i seemed to have full voltage but it just wouldnt turn over for anything.
The car had sat since friday after work,probly should have started on sunday at least. I have to be at work in chicago at 7 so i now have to figure how im going to get there and dont have time to mess with the car and i refuse to stand outside any longer.
i call my boss and tell him im going to be late and he tells me 3 other people called and said the same thing
about there cars

I call up Wojtek(Raven) to see if he can look at my car while im at work if he had time. He informs me that he is trying to go to work early and his car is stuck in security mode and dies the car out 30 sec. after starting.
so before 6:45 am i knew of 5 peoples cars that would not start or stay runnng
i found a way to get to work, but as soon as i got there i had to stand outside while the UPS guy dropped shipments off and talk about how the colts did so great last night while he took his sweet time. Justwhat i wanted to hear.

bears lost, its freezing cold, cars are acting up and there is a full 5 days ahead of us till the weekend
Fuck monday

anyone eles have car problems this morning or general bullshit happen to them that would add to your Post super bowl monday

I

imported_silverbullet

no, but last week i did and it's parked inside the garge too. wednesday when it was in the teens degree it won't turn over i waited few seconds and turn it on and finally cranked up. not only that it died twice at the gas station and at work. ses lite came on had autozone scanned it and they said it's the front 02 sensor. my buddy deleted the code out and i bought a die hard battery from sears and so far no problem yet. it's still idle little rough though. that was my hell wednesday morning. oh forget to mention i was late to work. :angry:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm trying to use my BBQ grill to heat up my garage. I pulled it out of the backyard and pulled it in. Not really a car of course, but the damn thing won't light up. I'm hoping it's just that the tank is cold and has no pressure, so I put an electric heater next to the tank to warm it up a little. Kind of sucks...I have to weld on manifolds, and If I weld them, it's so cold they will instantly crack from the cold as they cool. So I'll be BBQing PEMs today!

I

imported_GraFFix

yea this morning sucked...

My car has a blown head gasket, so Ive been borrowing a car for the past week or so...now that car wouldnt start this morning. So basically I have 2 dead cars in front of my house at the moment. Was late for work and just dont feel like messing with the car when I get home. I was almost forced to drive the mustang today....that would of sucked even more. lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i dont have to go anywhere today (soon to have an 11 story railing/welding gig heheh) but the van started fine for an early morning run to HomeDepot...

and along the same lines as you Ron (your resourcefullness is amazing lol) i will be working on running the gas and flue pipe for my garage furnace (i shoulda done all this shit in the summer :lolsign: i'm not putting off the insulation this summer either...i hope)

boy would it be nice if i could afford to spring for the programable rheostat...but i'll settle on dealing with an extension cord for the time being...

i'm getting sick of running my F250 and shuting the door after killing it to use it's heat and the 30kbtu propane torpedo and two electric heaters to keep it tolerable (i have built in insulation ;) so Al is the one i feel sorry for) a word of advice to those considering electric heaters...get the radiant heat units that glow red hot...youll be happier with them than the damn convection type heaters Al brought over here but hey 40* is > than 4*

Hey ron...good luck welding buddy at least it means more heat...just dont kill yourself with CO

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotemain'>
Suprisingly my car started at about 7 this morning and it still has the OEM battery, 10 years 147k later.
[/b]
3-4 years max and I replace them before they go bad. Not only are you risking a no start, but you may actually be hurting power output (hp) and increasing KR if your voltage is low.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Ron, and John, I will go out and look for a new battery, I really dont need it not starting when I'm in Madison.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info