3800 Found a Nice GP

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
So I've always looked around for a nice GP coupe to replace my high mileaged sedan that was at a decent price and found this one:

http://autos.yahoo.com/usedcars/detail/ind...IqsmDS0RK.lUMUF

Looks sweet, and I even thought about taking out a loan right away, but the guy never called back, not even sure if it is still on sale or he might not be interested in selling to hispanic guy ;)

Do you guys think it would be worth it, assuming it is in good condition?

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
Forgive me for being a newb, but what's the GTX package? Is it just an appearance package, or are there suspension and drivetrain upgrades?

He's got a low left front tire in the picture. It kind of scares me to think that the guy wouldn't even put air in his tire before he took a picture of it to sell it.

I

imported_GraFFix

If I remember correctly....and I could be wrong so dont quote me. But the GTX package consisted of a Ram air hood, SLP spoiler, 3.5 supercharger pully, Chrome 17" GTX rims, GTX Badges.

Im not sure if there was more to the package...Im sure someone else will chime in and either correct me or add more to the list lol

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
I can't tell you if it's a good buy, but I can tell you this: I'm paying a couple thousand more for a car one year newer with a couple more thousand miles on the odometer. I NADAed the car I'm buying, and I'm paying what it's worth. that would make me think that $10K is a pretty good price, as long as it's in excellent condition.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Yeah, I had the same though about that tire. I mean, you'd think he'd at least put air in the damn thing for the pic. Makes me wonder about the rest of the maintenance. Does look sick though.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure the GTX pacakage was the hood (God I want one), spoiler, badges, wheels and cat-back. The hood also had the functional SLP intake to go with it. I think they were only rated like 20 HP above stock. Not really worth $2,500, but damn do they look sexy. I keep seeing one almost every day on my to work and I Eye F&(K the daylights out of the thing every time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info