3800 I need an indoor, self-service car wash?

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I usually wash my GP every week or two in the winter in my front yard or garage, but it's just getting too cold for me to do that now as 30* is my threshold. Does anyone know of an INDOOR, SELF-SERVICE (do-it-yourself) car wash around the Palatine area? I'm willing to travel to the northern burbs, nw burbs, western burbs and outskirts of Chicago. Cost is not an issue, I just want a solid two hours to wash, add rain-x and possibly throw on a quick coat of wax. 50 degrees is plenty warm for me too...

Do these places exist???

TIA!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
There is a self serve carwash right by your house on Hicks and Industrial Ave. Its covered but I wouldnt consider it totaly indoors. I wouldnt use there brushes though, they would probably scratch the shit out of your car, and it would probably cost big money for 2 hours. There is a touchless wash (Route 62) on Algonquin in Palatine, its the only place I take my car if im too lazy to wash it myself. High end cars go through there all day long.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
you are pretty much screwed on that one.

Wax b4 winter. I use to do it in the spray boths and just give it a quick spray and handwash. Other then that, you could take it to a TRUE hand car wash that is indoors....There is a real good one on 95th and Central just off the corner.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
There is a self serve carwash right by your house on Hicks and Industrial Ave. Its covered but I wouldnt consider it totaly indoors. I wouldnt use there brushes though, they would probably scratch the shit out of your car, and it would probably cost big money for 2 hours. There is a touchless wash (Route 62) on Algonquin in Palatine, its the only place I take my car if im too lazy to wash it myself. High end cars go through there all day long.[/b]

I've used that one before on Hicks and Industrial Ave., but half of the time the water does not work.

you are pretty much screwed on that one.

Wax b4 winter. I use to do it in the spray boths and just give it a quick spray and handwash. Other then that, you could take it to a TRUE hand car wash that is indoors....There is a real good one on 95th and Central just off the corner[/b]

I actually put on several coats of sealant/wax before winter, but the paint is not as smooth as before and I want to freshen it up a bit.

E Z Clean Car Wash & Detailing Ctr
5606 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

(708) 229-9600 [/b]

Thanks, but that is a bit too far for me.

20 bucks gets one full day in my 75* garage.
[/b]

If you were closer I would jump on it.

If anyone has a garage/shop where I can do the above, I will ALSO wash your car for letting me use your location.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
I "washed" mine yesterday. In reality I just sprayed it off at superwash for a min. or two until I got cold and pussed out. Needless to say the car still looks like ass, but hey, at least it's blue now.
It was kinda cool watching the water freeze onto the car on impact though. Not so cool having an ice covered car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info