3800 LS1M/ scanning questions.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
So I sold the DSM. First thing I'm doing is buying a scanner, but I have a couple questions.
What the Hell kind of PDA does the new LS1M come with? I know it used to be a palm 3xe or whatever it's called, but the new one looks like a grey market knock off. Anyone ever have any problems with it? Also, I know a lot of the features are 3800 specific but will it work for basic scanning duties (IE: CEL) in other cars provided they aren't CAN BUS or is it GM specific? I know I can get software to scan other vehicles, but I don't know if the interface cable is compatible with other makes/ models.
Also: once I start scanning what should I be looking for. Obviously zero knock but what should the other parameters read. Like o2 voltage, fuel trims, temperatures, etc. I need an idea of approximately what a healthy engine/ sensors should look like so I know what needs to be changed.
Thank's in advance.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You can check all GM vehicles for codes and scan basic variables on most. Advance features only work on the LS1 and 3800s. The palm that comes with the setup is generic unit but has worked fine, is color, and can be used seperately as a palm as well.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Cool, What about anything non-GM? Would I have to grab a different interface cable for other vehicles? I'm just trying to be able to maximize my use of the thing. I have a lot of friends/ family that drive various makes and models, it would be nice to be able to use it on their cars as well. If not, then sucks for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list