3800 lowering springs

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I like the GMPP ones...not to low like the eibachs but gives the car a nice level stance and ride. If your doing springs it wouldnt be a bad idea to change the struts out too..as well as the strut towers.
[/b]
I like the GMPP ones too, not sure if you can still get them though. I heard the SSC were a good drop, but soft as stockers. I have the SLP's...don't get them, they sagged quickly on me, and weren't all that great new. Seems a lot of people like the Vogtland springs, but I personally have no experience with them (they made the GMPP springs for GM)

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I sent an inquiry to ZZP about the Gen 2 SSC springs, wondering what the difference is between the GP, Regal, and Intrigue sets. If ANYTHING, I would think either spring rate (softer for Regal) or being progressive (Intrigue rears are progressive) vs linear.
[/b]

Well, according to Zooomer.. "Ride height. GPs sage more than any other car so we have raised therears on those slightly."

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
My Eibachs are great.
Nice and low but not slammed.
A little stiff but they handle great.
I do have them on GMPP/Koni struts.
Over 3 years old and they have the same ride height as new.
I was told by a reliable source that the steel that Eibach uses is the finest quality in the world.
They mine it right near their factory in Germany, for what its worth.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
i didnt have time to wait for ZZP to restock them... so i bought some Sprint springs from suspensionmax.com

if anyone has seen Ricky Gonzalez's car... that is what he has.
[/b]

I have sprint springs, and hate them...

Of all the things I've done to the car, I hate the sprint springs more than any other modification. They ride like crap, they don't stay seated on the strut mounts (they're not wound to proper spec) and they're just not a very well made spring.

If/when I swap them, I will be getting SSC or MAYBE Eibach if the car is no longer a DD.

MT

<div class='quotemain'>
i didnt have time to wait for ZZP to restock them... so i bought some Sprint springs from suspensionmax.com

if anyone has seen Ricky Gonzalez's car... that is what he has.
[/b]

I have sprint springs, and hate them...

Of all the things I've done to the car, I hate the sprint springs more than any other modification. They ride like crap, they don't stay seated on the strut mounts (they're not wound to proper spec) and they're just not a very well made spring.

If/when I swap them, I will be getting SSC or MAYBE Eibach if the car is no longer a DD.

MT
[/b][/quote]
I like them. the ride isnt bad at all for me. but thats JMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info