3800 so heres the problem.

I

imported_1fastGTP

as you all know i blew my trans. Even tho the trans was blown it started up. i took off my valve cover cuz i was going to spray paint it, then i just ended up priming it, and putting it back on since i was going to take it over to leos shop. it was sitting for a few days until we set up a date to go. i put everything back how it was suppose to be, but no fire. we towed it to the shop, and al couldnt figure out what it was. he pulled the trans, and now i dont even hear the pump... im not real familiar with the trans... but does it have to do with anything? all it does when i turned the key is you hear the electricity from the battery, since i put on a charger thinking that would be the problem... well if anyone has any ideas or knows exactly what is wrong let me know. thanks

Shaun

I

imported_1fastGTP

i removed the left dogbone, then uhooked the msd wires, then removed the 3 bolts so i can take the bolts off the cover. When i put it back on, i did it exactly the opposite... so thats why it stumps me. there doesnt seem to be any turn over... like i said it ran before.. even with the trans not working. so if pretty much stumped.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i removed the left dogbone, then uhooked the msd wires, then removed the 3 bolts so i can take the bolts off the cover. When i put it back on, i did it exactly the opposite... so thats why it stumps me. there doesnt seem to be any turn over... like i said it ran before.. even with the trans not working. so if pretty much stumped.
[/b]
the three that hold the OCM/dogbone bracket to the engine right?

there is a couple grounds that go to one of the nuts/bolts that hold the bracket to the cylinder head did you put the grounds back on? the grounds are for the ICM harness so the engine will crank over but not fire up

is it cranking over but not starting or just not cranking at all?

I

imported_1fastGTP

you said you pulled the tranny and the fuel pump wont start? did you check your P/N position sensor? IIRC that switch is on the tranny so in theory you need your trans mounted. please correct me if im wrong anyone.
[/b]

thats what i was thinken. cuz like i said everything was in place, i just wasnt sure if the trans needed to be in.. cuz its kinda just chillen in my trunk.. lol also if anyone feels like working on a trans... cuz you know you want to let me know. :)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
lol
i didnt see where you said the trans was out of it in the trunk :lolsign:

yeah the voltage for the starter solenoid goes through a yellow wire to the trans range switch (on top of the trans) and out of it through a purple wire to the starter

take the range switch connector and jumper the yellow and purple wires (the fat one's) and youll get it to crank over....if the starter is in there :p

I

imported_1fastGTP

lol
i didnt see where you said the trans was out of it in the trunk :lolsign:

yeah the voltage for the starter solenoid goes through a yellow wire to the trans range switch (on top of the trans) and out of it through a purple wire to the starter

take the range switch connector and jumper the yellow and purple wires (the fat one's) and youll get it to crank over....if the starter is in there :p
[/b]

haha sweet, thanks guys. im not going to bother starting it, but i just wanted to make sure nothen was wrong.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Why is the trans in the trunk Shaun?
[/b]

because when i took it to leos i wanted to see what was wrong for sure. he showed me the input shaft snapped, because of alot of torque, and my 4th gear or clutch? i forgot what it was, he said that is going to go soon too. so i told him just put a bunch of cardboard, and stuff to protect my carpet, then i dont have to worry bout taken it out again. I was also thinking if someone wanted to work on it, they would charge me less since its already out of the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info