3800 Shell Gas Station?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Anyone ever notice in the South West Surburbs that all the Shell gas station has been closing up on 53, I know Mainly in Lisle,Woodridge, Bolingbrook, etc My car seems to run better with V-POWER :)) oh well Its BP Ultimate for now

Lee
[/b]

you're post isnt quite making sense... are you talking about missing gas stations or missing vpower from the stations?

the shell on 53 in bolingbrook is opened again... went through a remodel cuz the convenience store is now a circle K

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Anyone ever notice in the South West Surburbs that all the Shell gas station has been closing up on 53, I know Mainly in Lisle,Woodridge, Bolingbrook, etc My car seems to run better with V-POWER :)) oh well Its BP Ultimate for now

Lee
[/b]

YEah Lee, I have notived that too. The one near downtown Naperville and the one in Lisle just closed up and got knocked down in 1 week......weird.. :unsure:

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
some new legislation on fuel stations/storage tanks went through awhile back, hence the reason you see stations being torn down completely and rebuilt, or at least digging out the tanks and replacing them. I suspect that some of the stations you see go down and not come back were not worth re-investing the money into, so they just closed up shop instead.

but anywhoo, it's hard to judge without seeing the property weather or not they will be rebuilding when the weather warms or not.

But then again, it could be just a business strategy, as it seems the remaining shell stations will all have circle K convenience stores rather than the shell branded ones.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
That legislation for new tanks to be put in was around the year 2000????????
[/b]

could be that it was that long ago, but typically they have x amount of years to be in compliance.

... just in the past couple years, near me there have been oh, 4 or so stations completely tear down then rebuild, and at least 2 close up shop.

it also tends to be a rather saturated market.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info