3800 Mod support for a 3.2?

May 24, 2007
What supporting mods would be a good idea/essential for me to have if i was gonna be running a 3.2 pulley? as of right now im running with a 3.4 but my snout is pretty shot. i got a new snout but it has a mps on it with a 3.2. should i buy a 3.4 pulley or will my mods be enough to be able to run the 3.2 safely. so far my mods are:
Short Ram that will be changed out for a FWI very soon
Autolite 104's
2.5 catback w/ u-bend/resinator delete
i will be getting a 3" dp as well
i will be ordering a DHP in the next few weeks or so and hopefully will be able to get a tune from Ron.

Its a very sorry looking list i know but i will be modding my car alot more this spring/summer.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
HA, I might be able to help...

Im running me 3.2 right now and I have 1.8 Rockers with PEM's and the Alkey kit... Last time I scanned I was at .65 of KR... I think because I dont have my headers on right now... BUT keep in mind I need a tune as well...

May 24, 2007
well i cant do rockers or headers/pems right now. pcm is pretty much done im gonna pick it up tomarrow. t-stat im gonna get today, cat back i have, dp im gonna make next week when my pipes come in, 104's i have.

so with

PCM
104's
D/P
Catback
180 T-stat

will it be enough to run the 3.2 with a good tune?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
well i cant do rockers or headers/pems right now. pcm is pretty much done im gonna pick it up tomarrow. t-stat im gonna get today, cat back i have, dp im gonna make next week when my pipes come in, 104's i have.

so with

PCM
104's
D/P
Catback
180 T-stat

will it be enough to run the 3.2 with a good tune?
[/b]

Doubtful. Thats still 3.4" pulley territory.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
have you ever go the car scanned?
scanning is the only way to know, asking us is a guessing game because of mixed results people got on there car
i ran a 3.25 with a catback(stock cat and DP), CAI,tr-6 plugs,160 t-stat, wrapped corssover
i had 1 or 2 deg of KR on hotdays but thats it. it depends on how much timing your commanding also.
when i added a pems and a DHP 1.0 i raised the timing to 19 with the same pulley
there is a big increse in torque swapping down to that so be aware.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
its an 01, 2000 was the last year of the knock sensors not truning on till 159*
the car still ran hot as hell, i changed a 180 to a 160 not knowing my radiator had shit loads of sludge in it and wasnt helping any

13.6 with a 1.9 before the pems and DHP
13.7 with a 2.4 60 after them, tho i ran this with a 3.0 pulley(wish i practiced launching with brand new tires and pulley)
driver and a well kept car is what it comes down to. its not really a freak voyteks car ran 14.1 with a FWI and thats it(300+pound driver, and entire rear suspension was/is shot)
but back on topic -SCAN your car first, if not, dont do it.snouts will make noise for a LONG time before they seize

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
with those mods, honestly i think you will need a good tune with a PT to run a 3.4, and 3.2 is going to be too much boost/heat for your car. technically, you COULD run it, with only running 10* spark advance, but that doesnt make much sense. to put it in perspective, i ran a 3.2, ssic, togs, with a PT (im not that good at it though) and had to reduce timing to be kr free.

on the other hand, cars like bob's are freaks. dont plan on being able to run anything smaller than a 3.4 with those mods. remember its better to have 10 psi and 20* timing than 12 psi, 17* timing with KR.

have you ever go the car scanned?
scanning is the only way to know, asking us is a guessing game because of mixed results people got on there car
i ran a 3.25 with a catback(stock cat and DP), CAI,tr-6 plugs,160 t-stat, wrapped corssover
i had 1 or 2 deg of KR on hotdays but thats it. it depends on how much timing your commanding also.
when i added a pems and a DHP 1.0 i raised the timing to 19 with the same pulley
there is a big increse in torque swapping down to that so be aware.
[/b]
at the mod day Ryan scanned my car and i guess it spiked at 7* of KR for like .6 sec then it stayed constant at about 0-1* KR

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
with those scans i would not put it on then. do your recall your o2s?
cars that are very lean from the factory will have a harder time. DHP 1.0 files lean your car out a little (at least mine did) this is one reason you might want to get a custom tune off a powrtuner and just skip the 1.0
you need to get a scanner ASAP. tell oscar to go halfs on a PT. both of you will need it for a scanner and im sure oscar will need a few misc things changed or erased with his project.
for daily scanning i really liked intercepter gauge also

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info