3800 Satellite radio antenna question…

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

I installed a Sirius satellite radio in the Alero this past weekend and found the reception to be a little intermittent. I started with the antenna being placed flat side up on the top glass portion of the rear window. Over lunch today I moved it to the rear-most part of the deck lid; we’ll see how that goes. I don’t want mount it on the outside of the car if I don’t have to but… How have some of you guys mounted yours and do you get intermittent reception as well?

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I have mine mounted on the rear deck of the GP right in the middle I also have tinted windows and that does not seem to affect the reception what so ever. (XM radio)
And have had excellent reception.

IM not sure ho Sirius works.

But for XM they have numerous terrestrial signal repeaters in case you cant get a true satelite signal SO placement of the antennea is not so important. They say to face it to the Southwest skies.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I have mine mounted on the rear deck of the GP right in the middle I also have tinted windows and that does not seem to affect the reception what so ever. (XM radio)
And have had excellent reception.

IM not sure ho Sirius works.

But for XM they have numerous terrestrial signal repeaters in case you cant get a true satelite signal SO placement of the antennea is not so important. They say to face it to the Southwest skies.
[/b]
x2

May 24, 2007
heres the pic
sta71171mg6.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info