3800 Window Tint

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I say 5% on the back.

Nothing on the front windows since it is illegal.

The percentage means it allows that much light to go thru.
so 5% allows 5% of the light to go thru.

20% allows 20% of the light thru
35% allows 35% of the light thru

Follow the laws and you will be safe.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
WELL, Illinois Law states you can have the back windows tinted as dark as you want... The front are another story.. I say go 5% on the back... 35 is still dark but you can see through it.. Its all up to you... how much are they going to tint it for???

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
It depends on how bad the cops are in your area. In my area, they're not bad. But mine are tinted because of my job.
[/b]

What type of job needs for you to have tinted windows?

And it is illegal to have your front windows tinted. No matter how you try and spin it. One day you will get caught and get fined.
[/b][/quote]

YEP, I finally did... So yeah, what kind of job do you have that you need the windows to be tinted... U guys hiring... :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ill tell you what sucks as well. When your autodimming rear view is forever set on dimmed mode even when turned off and 5% tint on the back window. Makes backing up at night interesting. But thats what your side mirrors are for. Plus riding your brake gives you a little light to work with.

Plus side is that no car, truck or semi has ever blinded me.

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
i got 5 in back and 35 up front,,, cops still see it cause its a all black car.. but only got one ticket for them

146042463.jpg

146046128.jpg

I

imported_1fastGTP

o yea!! 5% in back 20% in front which is commen off.... lol got nailed with it. goen to court feb 1st and say there off so i can get my money back! heres what it looks like tho.
carattrack.jpg

DSCN0751.jpg

im going 40% in front once i take these off. then fixing my back exhaust pipe so its not hangen low, then im sayen fuck whoever pulls me over for my front license plate cover. haha those are the only 3 things i get hassled for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info