Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nextel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
I was wondering who has got the best all-around service as far as plans, reception/most bars, usefulness...
I'm sure i forgot a carrier in my choices so mention your fav in your post if i omitted it.

Who sells the most phones/service packages? I think it's either Verizon or T-Mobile - just a wild guess.

I currently have a T-Mobile 1500 min. package that includes nights n weekends and 400 text msgs for $49.95 (with taxes n surcharges my bill is around $64- 65)

eta - i F'd up the poll somehow :angry:

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
That's a really cheap package for 1500 minutes and texts. Is that a local plan though? Cause I can't see that having long distance.

BTW, I manage a Sprint store.
[/b]

So you're the person i confront when things go wrong? ;)

It's a national plan
[/b][/quote]

Wow, I wouldn't change unless your service sucks completely. That's a good price. :ph34r:

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
I switched from Tmobile to Cingular. Probably one of the better switches Ive made.

Then again, I also stopped buying pieces of shit Motorola.
[/b]

tmobile i have and tmobile i will stay with

just dont get a slvr l7 and flash it to work with tmobile it gets shity bars
[/b]

I just got a Motorola L2 <i don't need a crappy cell phone camera> and it's awesome. I'm gonna get an F3 next LINKY

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
YEAH THATS A GOOD DEAL FOR T-MOBILE I MEAN SPRINT HAS 900 FOR 59.99 7PM NIGHT AND UNL MOBILE TO MOBILE AND 7PM NIGHTS..UNLIT TEXT IS 15 AMONTHS AND 1000 FOR 10........i WORK FOR CORPORATE SPRINT I CAN GET U BETTER DEALS THEN ANYONE ELSE CAN...WITH SPRINT THAT IS.......OH YEAH T-MOBILE HAS THE WORST SERVICE IN CHICAGO AREA.....SPRIT IN #1 AND VERZION IS #2... IF U WANT MORE INFO CALL ME BECASUE I CAN DISCOUNT PLANS LOL

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
...eww T-Mobile lol. out here the service is horrible, but we also arent a suburb of chicago... every year for the past 5 years Verizon has ruled over consumer reports as the best overall service. Cingular is pretty good as well. unfortunately if you have an issue with Cingular after 6 on sat. and at all on sunays... you are SOL because customer service is closed which i a bunch of bullshit. overall i had a good exp. with them. sprint has the worst customer service you can possibly deal with unless you deal with nextel's customer service. cingular and verizon have the exact same pricing on plans depending on who your employer is because you can actually get discounts off equipment and monthly access through verizon because of that. companies like TMobile and Sprint have a shrinking customer base while Verizon adds about 2 million customers per quarter with cingular a little behind that. Tmobile has more minutes for your money because they dont have to spend money on luxuries like "maintaining towers" lol.

Its also gonna breakdown to where you live. In your area... Sprint may have the best signal, it may be Verizon, or it may be Cingular.... talk to some people go on their websites and pull up coverage maps.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
YEAH THATS A GOOD DEAL FOR T-MOBILE I MEAN SPRINT HAS 900 FOR 59.99 7PM NIGHT AND UNL MOBILE TO MOBILE AND 7PM NIGHTS..UNLIT TEXT IS 15 AMONTHS AND 1000 FOR 10........i WORK FOR CORPORATE SPRINT I CAN GET U BETTER DEALS THEN ANYONE ELSE CAN...WITH SPRINT THAT IS.......OH YEAH T-MOBILE HAS THE WORST SERVICE IN CHICAGO AREA.....SPRIT IN #1 AND VERZION IS #2... IF U WANT MORE INFO CALL ME BECASUE I CAN DISCOUNT PLANS LOL
[/b]

...holy capslock batman!!

P.S. if anyone has any questions on Verizon or wants to know if they quality for employer discounting if they are interested in getting service or already have service and wanna see if they get discounts just email me and i can let ya know.

[email protected]

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
...eww T-Mobile lol. out here the service is horrible, but we also arent a suburb of chicago... every year for the past 5 years Verizon has ruled over consumer reports as the best overall service. Cingular is pretty good as well. unfortunately if you have an issue with Cingular after 6 on sat. and at all on sunays... you are SOL because customer service is closed which i a bunch of bullshit. overall i had a good exp. with them. sprint has the worst customer service you can possibly deal with unless you deal with nextel's customer service. cingular and verizon have the exact same pricing on plans depending on who your employer is because you can actually get discounts off equipment and monthly access through verizon because of that. companies like TMobile and Sprint have a shrinking customer base while Verizon adds about 2 million customers per quarter with cingular a little behind that. Tmobile has more minutes for your money because they dont have to spend money on luxuries like "maintaining towers" lol.

Its also gonna breakdown to where you live. In your area... Sprint may have the best signal, it may be Verizon, or it may be Cingular.... talk to some people go on their websites and pull up coverage maps.
[/b]

Yeah thats y everyday i port about 15 ppl from verzion a day lol....Yeah verizon is good i give em that BUT they are #2 to be honest with verzion have shitty signal alot of places...

[/b]

Yeah also sprint has the most company names that they give discounts to outa any carrier.... if u want more info hit me [email protected]

I

imported_GraFFix

Sprint sucks always have always will...although I still have them as my carrier. The only bonus i have is...No contract and an old plan that I only pay $30 a month for. its only 400 minutes, free evening and unlimted texts. But i rarely ever go over my minutes.

Ive been thinking of changing to cingular and getting that new blackberry they have. but I kind of like my no contract deal i have now. so well see.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Contracts arent a big deal. Ive never broken a cell contract in 6 years. Tmobile has 1 year and cingular has 2 year contracts. Also when you upgrade your phone they make you resign. Really isnt a big deal if you like the service and just want a new phone.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Only one dropped call with Cingular so far and that was way out in the woods. Not sure if I dropped the call or if my buddy did. Both of our bars were at 1. I'm extremely happy with the service. Nextel and Sprint both suck ass. Anyone that says differantly is full of shit.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
well cingular is goin 3g
sprint and nextel are going to run off same network
and pretty much all i know

but i know cingular has good rep with if u drop calls tell them and they will try to make that spot better
[/b]

Sprint/Nextel will never run on the same network. It's impossible.

There technology is comparing Apples to Grapes.

Only thing that will change is a phone that uses Sprints towers for cell and internet, and the nextel walkie talkie feature incoporated into a phone to run off the Nextel network.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Doesnt change the fact they both still blow.
[/b]

Cell phone companies is the dumbest argument. No one will every win.

I can tell you that Sprint is the best and you will say cause thats only cause I work there, and you can say cingular is the best and that's only cause you use it.

Nextel hasn't been the best as of late, and that's the product I sold first, but Sprint I can say is truly one of the best out there. Fastest data service right now by far, and getting FASTER. No other company has made public that they are going to increase internet speeds.

The Sprint air card is already almost 4 times faster than Verizon/tmobile/and Cingular WITHOUT our upgrade. Once the upgrade is done to REV A, they are saying it will be as fast if not FASTER than cable. Should be out in this market by Summer 07.

Only one dropped call with Cingular so far and that was way out in the woods. Not sure if I dropped the call or if my buddy did. Both of our bars were at 1. I'm extremely happy with the service. Nextel and Sprint both suck ass. Anyone that says differantly is full of shit.
[/b]

I guess Cingular and T-Mobile are owned by a common company..?? When i was searching for a new phone it was mentioned in all of the [eBay] listings that Cingular and T-Mobile share the same network.

I have NEVER dropped a call with T-Mobile service and am completely satisfied with my current plan. And i'm not 100% sure but i think T-Mobile has 1-year contracts

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
yup T Mobile has one year contracts. I just switched from Nextel to T Mobile back in December but I am in MN. Nextel sucked 10000 times worse here in MN then in IL. Even the nextel rep said unless you use the DC there is no reason to have nextel LOL I get great reception with T-Mobile both here and in IL and the whole 6 hour trip thru middle of nowhere WI too!

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I am happy with my cell service.. never had a dropped call. Even worked in Mexico (even non-tourist areas).

best part is.. I pay about $15 a month or so. And I am not on a a contract.

I guess the difference is, I don't need a ton of minutes, I literally use maybe 100-120 a month. Except when we travel then it's usually more.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
cingular has one year contracts as well.

You just have to ask for it, they try to not sell it to you, but if you sign a one year, they usually just charge you more for the price of the phone upfront.

I myself had sprint, hated it, fell into the nextel clan, hated it, and now am with cingular.

I work nationwide and have one spot in southern indiana that I cannot get coverage. With nextel, I was having to use my onstar in my van more than my nextel when i was working because I never had any coverage outside of a large urban area.

Thread Info