3800 Making A whipple sc work

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Oh I will be the first to say .

Why? Would you want to do a whipple? When the evolution for GT's is obviously a Turbo intercooled set up.

I would estimate parts/labor at least $15,000 in
custom made brackets,
custom intercooler,
custom lower intake manifold,
custom tuning,
custom pulleys,
injectors
custom tuning w/lots of time on a Dyno with wideband.

thats just externals I can think of

too much effort.

TURBO FTMFW!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
wow....besides the block which is a horrible selection becasue of its compression, why would you want to spend thousands to use your top half when you can get a l67 top half for a couple hundred. frankly its to big and of project for you.
i doubt you would like the cam that is really ment for a good whipple setup...
and yeah why whipple over turbo??? why whipple over CSC?? for those you wouldnt need to change much and are proven setups

.....kyle i think you should just stick to getting differnt hoods and rims every month :p :lolsign: .

I

imported_1fastGTP

sell your 4 door and get a 2 door gtp! i bet you can pretty much break even if you get an 00 or 01 with the same if less milage. then you can either build up the gtp setup.. or just go flat out turbo! or the other option is hope mom doesnt keep dicken you around and get the GTO. OR if you really wanna take the time and money to get the whipple it would be easier for you to do it on the gtp setup. just a few ideas.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
A whipple sounds super badass. A turbo can't scream at you and make people around you piss their pants. Sure, the blowoff valve may sound remotely cool, but having a jet engine under your hood can't be topped

I can see why someone might want a whipple. If I had the money, I'd grab one in a heart beat over a turbo. In 4-6 years, I'll have my whipple GTP. Then again it will be my toy car while I drive around a more fuel efficient car like a ZO6.

Then again....do I turbo or SC the ZO6?

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
If you are buying things because they sound bad ass than I feel for you.
Some of the fastest cars I have ever seen at the track have been oh so eeeirly quiet.

Reminds me of a 9.9 second Audi A8. Scary fast and oh so luxurious.. and oh so quiet until the twins turbo's spooled up..than it was just a nice whoosh..

Ill take honest performance over sound any day of the week.

If you want to scare ppl thats how you do it!

I say you twin turbo the Z06

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
a turbo doesnt scream?? i guess you havent heard mine have you??
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/x1fa...shaun_turbo.flv
[/b]

You're car sounds good, granted, however are you going to say that it sounds anything like a whipplecharger does? A lot of people know exactly what a turbo spooled up sounds like - not many hear the whipple and go "Hot damn that's no eaton!!" they ask - "What the fuck is under that hood??"

Reminds me of a 9.9 second Audi A8. Scary fast and oh so luxurious.. and oh so quiet until the twins turbo's spooled up..than it was just a nice whoosh..

Ill take honest performance over sound any day of the week.

I say you twin turbo the Z06
[/b]

The whipple would be the same deal, except for the fact you have a nice little whine at idle. For honest performance, the turbo yes is the ultimate setup for versatility and horsepower, however for torque, the whipple kicks ass. Big deal if my car runs 11's or 12's, it's still frickin fast. Plus, at least for me, the whipple just seems more fun and more unique. For my purposes.....well....whipple sounds like a better idea.

TT corvettes are crazy fast, and super impressive, but I wouldn't turn down a SC'd vette just cause it's not the fastest. I like superchargers....turbos just dont do it as well for me.

And why did everyone bust his chops about getting a whipple? He didn't ask anyone if he should, he asked what he needed. I realized everyone's trying to help, and we honor your opinion, however you're bashing someone elses to a degree, telling him to go turbo. If he wants to spend his money that way let him.....

I'm just pissed at people telling others how to spend money that isn't theirs. Spend it how you want it - otherwise there was no point in you earning it for yourself

Do what it is that will make you happy if you have the means

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info