3800 I am hunting a mouse!

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

So for a few days I'm seeing things out of the corner of my eye in the garage. The garbage can is full now, so I have another bag from the house sitting next to a pile of tires a couple days later.

I hear some rustling, so I kick the bag...and out pops a mouse from the top of the bag, runs across the tires, then disappears from sight. Startled the hell out of me, and I almost shit my pants.

Now mice don't scare me too much, but I'm creeped out crawling under cars with them running around. I chalk it up to the warmer weather we're having that the mouse population is high, since my mother in law lives nearby, and she's having the same problem. In fact the hunting is so good here, we have hawks sitting in our front lawn all the time!

So anyway, I got out 4 of the spring traps, and loaded them with peanut butter. This things are very sensitive; I loaded one 6 inches from the wal, then pushed it slowly and carefully with a ruler to get it closer to the wall. I probably got it less than an inch before it snapped!

I go to check the traps this morning. Each one was stripped of all it's bait...and I mean, not a trace of peanut butter was left. The result: not one trap was sprung.

How the hell did it do that? One uber talented mouse if you ask me!

I got 4 new traps, and these ones are viscious. I was afaid to set them to be honest in fear of getting myself.
This time I used a stinky swiss cheese, and smooshed it real hard into the holes of the bait lever.

Anything else I can do? I don't want to put poison down with the kids in the house.

I

imported_1fastGTP

my dad just takes the spring traps, and puts KRAFT american cheese and smashes it into the holes in the trap. we always got them. i was hoping that kraft american was the key to catchen it haha. otherwise sorry ron. goodluck.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
my boss went through this this past month. Pellets. get those mouse pellets and leave them out around the house/garage. the mice will eat them and die. it make stink for a day afterward...but they WORK!!!!

my boss got rid of 23mice he coudl find living in his house. if you have any other pets.....hid the pellets to where only amouse could find. good luck and happy hunting.

sorry didnt read the part about your kids. well......I'd put the pellets in just the garage.......

I

imported_Ron Vogel

My wife and I were out in the garage having a smoke...then SNAP!!!

Got the fu(kker!

Hope it's just the one, but I'll leave the other 3 traps up tinight just in case. My wife wouldn't let me use the camera for it, so sorry no pics.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I'm surprised you didn't build something like this. :lolsign:

250px-Mouse_Trap_Board_and_Boxjpg.jpg

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Aww poor mousey! :lol: ;) You need one of these. :lolsign:

A Humane Mouse Trap
"Be Nice To Mice"

If you find small mammals living where they shouldn't be, live trapping and relocating these small animals is a humane solution to the problem.

The live trap described here is designed to safely capture small animals. You must check your trap regularly as small animals are very stressed when captured and
quickly dehydrate when they are without water. If you catch a small animal in this trap you must disinfect the trap before handling it and reusing it. A commercial disinfectant spray or a 10% solution of common household bleach in a spray bottle is a good way to disinfect this trap.

[attachmentid=3065]

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Aww poor mousey! :lol: ;) You need one of these. :lolsign:

A Humane Mouse Trap
"Be Nice To Mice"

If you find small mammals living where they shouldn't be, live trapping and relocating these small animals is a humane solution to the problem.

The live trap described here is designed to safely capture small animals. You must check your trap regularly as small animals are very stressed when captured and
quickly dehydrate when they are without water. If you catch a small animal in this trap you must disinfect the trap before handling it and reusing it. A commercial disinfectant spray or a 10% solution of common household bleach in a spray bottle is a good way to disinfect this trap.

[attachmentid=3065]
[/b]

I hear this one is pretty humane too

royal5.jpg

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
My Dad owns quit a few industrial type building with problems like yours and Id say the best is to use the poison pellets coated with peanut butter. Most mice will go outside to die so I wouldnt worry to much about dying inside.

With the traps, we put a piece of rice crispy mixed with peanut butter........dont put to much on though. Make em work on it.

Keep the baited side of the trap towards the wall and perferably in a concealed corner. Remember, mice dont like to get to far from an edge or wall.

Glue traps are nasty....sorry id just dont like looking at them alive while your trying to shovel em up. Also, I just dont think they work that well.

The electric things dont work that well either.

Also, HOW ARE THEY GETTING IN??? You may want to think about putting a better threashold on the bottom of your garage door and most importantly, check the seal on the entry door to your house so they dont get in your house!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info