3800 PosLOG

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well i think one of the issues eric and I have with the riv is the O2 is skewing due to a nice stresscrack on his powerlog (i guess he got it before they had it for sale? prototype i guess) whoah nellie this crack has gotten bigger too and it's not due to running lean/overheating the pipes...no major temp variaton from the rear manifold temp to the front... it's gotta be a thermal stress fracture...it broke right down the middle of the weld...

he has PS headers on the way so i'll probably grind the fucker and reweld it and the pri and get it from him for dirt cheap for the 442 :lolsign:

i was just curious if any of you heard of anything with em cracking

i think the Riv is starting to snowball...we're having the flojet loosing pumping flow as well... :rolleyes:

i think i may have him convinced that we need to run with a mech IC pump i have a dandy little hydraulic pump that i may be able to find a serp pulley for instead of he Vbelt it would work great but i dont know what the SS would do with 30 or so GPM at max rpm...shouldnt be too hard to figure on the correct pulley size and use a bypass valve to keep from overpressurizing the IC core beyond 12-16psi
on a side note i guess we were lucky at the same time....the laptop shutoff during a partial write and we were able to get it fixed after i realised that the bin file i had been flashing it with got corrupted and went to the prev bin....

all in all sooo much fun :p

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Your not the only one. my friends gtp had a horrible exhaust leak so we pulled the poslog off. There was a crack running half way around the weld on the #5 cylinder, with a hole in the middle of it. Zoomer told us do not header wrap these, i guess the POS log cant take the heat :confused: . It is common modders knowledge that you cant header wrap stuff, according to Zoom. :confused:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
heheheh Eric, Al and I went to the Jyard today ....

I had found Al a good shape lower valence panel for the 93 GP bumper (15$ :D )

and eric and ifound the fuckin sweetest little pump that with the right pulley size 3.8in or smaller looks like it may max out at 10-15gpm at say 12-14k pump rpm's...

has the perfect flat steel mounting bracket that should make for an easy install where the idler pulley is on the ICM bracket....

will post pics soon...just got done doing a buncha work to the L36/67 (ohhhh man this is deffinatly gonna look nice....so far Al and I have about 8 hrs into the blower case....

shiny.... B)

now to finish playing with the 1.2.3 we just loaded onto the laptop :)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
WOOOHOOOO!

Mike K is awesome! :D

eric got the PS headers dropped off in person...talk about service...lol

sooolong PosLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eric's here now so i gotta go but tonight we are gonna be mocking them up on one of my stand mounted engines to make sure everything is cozy for install.....

oh and a few pics of the pump that we'll be turning into a IC pump with a bit of work...
mechICpump3.jpg

mechICpump2.jpg

mechICpump1.jpg

wish us luck! time to play in the garage.... :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Eric's loving the headers so far

Thanks Mike!

with the cutout open the Riv is SOOO LOUD! i need to do some adjusting but i dont think i really need to weld it... right now the crossover pipe is a little helter skelter but we needed to wrap things up since he had to be at his grandfathers funeral at 830 am today (as in 30min ago :lolsign: )

spent alot of time with my carbide bits cleaning and grinding every little bit of weld-through, spatter, took care of the egr tube on #6 primary, cleaned up the flange/ports i removed excess weld on the ends of the primarys where they enter the collectors (a couple decent sized blobs of weld....not no more :lol: )
i also knifedged the center portion of the y pipe and ground away the edges to smooth out the merge area

one thing i also did was grind down the O2 bung so that the O2 sensor could sample farther out into the exhaust stream where it is a bit more likely to sense both the front and rear banks, i ended up removing about a 1/4 to 5/16ths of the o2 bung and filing it flat and smooth for proper o2 sensor sealing

we'll be grabbing some more stuff for the riv today (after we sleep) as well as 6 large hex nuts that i will be tapping for 18mm threads and 6 plugs which we will be welding into each primary fairly close to the heads because one of the next investments, besides a bigger cam (you know you want to eric! ;) ) will be a wide band o2....and boy would it be nice to log data for each cylinder and do repeatable drivecycles

well i gotta go to bed... i gotta wake up in 3hrs to work on a damn nissan i'll post pics later of the fun and metal shaving mess (oh and the ehaders ported and installed

g'day! schlim out

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Im gonna have to take a look at my powerlog.
[/b]

probably not a bad idea...# 5 on eris's was cracked about halfway around the joint to the log....

PICS!

a quick mockup on a spare engine so i could take measurments for clearance questions with the 4T80E trans that the Riv will be getting when the 65HD dies (go big or go home eh?)
EricsPSheadermockup10.jpg

EricsPSheadermockup1.jpg

DONE! total time from delivery to install less than 24 hrs...(thanks MIKE! thanks to you eric talked me into an all night install lol)
DONE.jpg

and ohhhh man talk about a KR eliminator! after a couple MAF tunes we only get <3* spikes now and then...we still need to do a VE log/tune but things are sooo much better now!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
some pics of the porting and grinding Eric and I did to clean up the mass produced PaceSetter headers, stuff like weld through and collector welds on both the 3 into 1 and y pipe collector...every little bit helps...
unported front collector (notice the weld blobs on the ends of the primary's)
unportedfrontcollector.jpg

the rear collector ported
portedrearcollector.jpg

the Y pipe...this bugger had alot of extra tube from manufacturing so i ground alot of it out for a better 2 into 1 transition for the gasses...i also removed a buncha material from the O2 bung so that the sensor would stick into the exhaust farther for better sampling
halfportedcollector.jpg

more pics:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...GRintrusion.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...weldthrough.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...Ericworking.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info