3800 Pulley Puller

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Anyone got a pulley puller I'd be able to borrow/ rent/ drive to your place and use? I'm planning on getting myself a pulley pretty soon here, but I need to know if I'm going to have to shell out for a puller first which I'd rather not have to do since I'll only use it once. Well okay, maybe twice when I decide a 3.5 isn't enough, but that's not until I have proper supporting mods first.
Thank's guys!

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
No idea where in the Hell Willow Springs is at, but it sounds good. Once I get a pulley I'll let you know so we can set something up.
[/b]

I'm located near Rolling Lanes bowling alley in Countryside. It's located between LaGrange and Palos Hills

Dam the guy is willing to drive to you and also give a deposit to borrow it at least let him use it for free.
[/b]
Huh?? This doesn't concern you...

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
<div class='quotemain'>

Dam the guy is willing to drive to you and also give a deposit to borrow it at least let him use it for free.
[/b]
Huh?? This doesn't concern you...
[/b][/quote]

Sure it does its a public forum. ;) :D Dont get your pannies in a bunch If you need the cash then fine. I just figured since this is a club and people tend to help each other out then it would be ok to at least let him use it for free as long as you have the deposit. My bad its your tool so do as you please.

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Ok, let me make something clear here. If i don't know you or we've never met, i'm gonna charge: insert name here - $100 core charge and $20 for rental. Borrow it as long as you need it for... I've done this with several members here and another site.

If i know you and you wanna use the tool, gimme a call and it's yours to use. I usually accept Hacker Pschorr beer (12pk ;) )The studs cost $15 for three from zzp and need to be replaced about every other or every two pulley swaps, so this tool isn't 'free'.

If Bullfrog comes over to my place to do the swap, there's no charge. If he decides to take it with him, the above rule applies.

If tonzcompg04 wants to use it, i'll charge him $50! Bwahahaha

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Ok, let me make something clear here. If i don't know you or we've never met, i'm gonna charge: insert name here - $100 core charge and $20 for rental. Borrow it as long as you need it for... I've done this with several members here and another site.

If i know you and you wanna use the tool, gimme a call and it's yours to use. I usually accept Hacker Pschorr beer (12pk ;) )The studs cost $15 for three from zzp and need to be replaced about every other or every two pulley swaps, so this tool isn't 'free'.

If Bullfrog comes over to my place to do the swap, there's no charge. If he decides to take it with him, the above rule applies.

If tonzcompg04 wants to use it, i'll charge him $50! Bwahahaha
[/b]

So the studs cost 15 then charge him 15 to use it. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I was willing to pay you 150 to use it. Maybe I should upgrade to a press on instead of MPS. :p

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
BTW two M8 studs cost 4$ from zzp.

Dont take offense to my post as talking shit I just thought since he was giving you the core that was good enough. I just thought that since we were all part of this club that letting someone use something simple like a puller was not a big deal especially with 100 in your hands. I guess this is not really such a car club community as I thought. Considering everyone's always down each others throat and rippin each other off.... what the hell was I thinking. lol

ZZP charges a 5$ rental fee and you want to charge 20$? You must have the SE version.
[/b]
Dude, WTF is your problem??
Get your facts straight before stepping on my toes again with your bullshit

From zzp LINK HERE
This tool is available for rental.

Rental is $30, with a $75 deposit. Tool rental is for 10 days. After 10 days we charge $1 per day the puller is late. Your 10 days begin when you receive and end the day you ship your package back. You must use trackable shipping for return. Tools are not warranted against breakage because user error is not under our control. Please follow included instructions to avoid problems. You will be responsible for lost or broken parts.. If you wish to keep the tool, you do not need to do anything. Just don't send it back.

*Returns of this tool will be assessed a restocking fee equivilant to tool rental or greater.

Choose "Rental with ZZP MPS backing plate" to add rental of our backing plate. $20 core, $10 rental.
[/b]

Like i stated before, this doesn't concern you.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
<div class='quotemain'>
ZZP charges a 5$ rental fee and you want to charge 20$? You must have the SE version.
[/b]
Dude, WTF is your problem??
Get your facts straight before stepping on my toes again with your bullshit

From zzp LINK HERE
This tool is available for rental.

Rental is $30, with a $75 deposit. Tool rental is for 10 days. After 10 days we charge $1 per day the puller is late. Your 10 days begin when you receive and end the day you ship your package back. You must use trackable shipping for return. Tools are not warranted against breakage because user error is not under our control. Please follow included instructions to avoid problems. You will be responsible for lost or broken parts.. If you wish to keep the tool, you do not need to do anything. Just don't send it back.

*Returns of this tool will be assessed a restocking fee equivilant to tool rental or greater.

Choose "Rental with ZZP MPS backing plate" to add rental of our backing plate. $20 core, $10 rental.
[/b]

Like i stated before, this doesn't concern you.
[/b][/quote]

How am I steppin on your toes? I have nothing to gain from this if they want to pay you then fine its thier decision. I never said "Hey bulldog dont pay this guy shit". I just made a lil suggestion. Like I said b4 no offense to you!! ITS YOUR TOOL. Peace out.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Holy geez guys calm down. If anyone should be bitchin' about paying it's me, not you. I'm cool paying $20. Why? A couple reasons. 1- I'd do the same thing. $150 is a lot of dough for a tool you only use a couple times. Gotta get a return on it to really be worth it IMO. 2- He's letting a complete stranger use a rather expensive tool of his. Gotta have some collateral. 3- I have no frerakin' clue how to use the puller. I'm sure it's pretty easy, but it might be nice to have the guy lend a hand since I've never done it. Labor charge and all that. They guy wants $20. Cool, I'm down with that. Only problem I have is driving all the way out to wherever he lives to do it. I'll probably spend more on gas there and back (especially back with my new pulley) than the $20. Maybe I'll wait 'till he can meet at a club get together or something. Right now I'm not even totally sure when I'll be getting a pulley. I may just wait 'till spring. Who knows? Either way, I don't really see a problem with spending a few dollars to have the dude help me out. I was only asking because I need to know if I'd have to buy the tool when I do get my pulley. That's a lot of extra dough that I'd have to budget for. Paying him $20 still saves me like $100. I certainly got no beef with that.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
If he were to do the actual install of the pulley than by all means charge him at least 40.oo for your time.

If you are going to make him do all the work..LEt him use it for free while you sit around and drink beer.

Heck thats what I did for 7 years!!
I bet I have still done more swaps than anyone on this board..and I haven't touched one for about 2 yrs...LOL!!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
[/b]

Maybe this word kinda threw him off as me talking shit but I really was just giving my suggestion. I guess its just my style of helping people out if can. I work in IT and I often help people with their pc problems for free. It not a big deal if people wanna throw me cash but in reality it doesnt matter. If I really needed the money that bad I would start my own little business and make some decent cash on the side. my 02cents that I will keep next time. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info