3800 FS: 21" Dell P1110 CRT Monitor

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I have a used 21" Dell P1110, Flat Screen CRT monitor. (This monitor was made by Sony for Dell)

Specs from a website:

Top quality and reliability absolutely flat tube professional monitor offered by DELL, made by Sony. Exceptional picture quality and ease of controls this model offers every possible screen adjustment.

This model is MULTISYNC, 100% PC COMPATIBLE and will work with any standard video card. It does not require any additional drivers to operate under Windows.

-Manufacturer: Sony Corp, made in Japan.
-Tube Type: 21" Trinitron, NATURAL FLAT TUBE
-Dot Pitch: 0.24 mm
-Viewable Size: 19.8"
-Maximum Resolution: 1800 x 1440 @ 75 Hz
-Platforms: Mac and PC
-Signal Input: Dual VGA ports
-Dimension: 19.3 in - 19.6 in - 18.8 in H-W-D
(70.5 lb)
-On-Screen Controls: contrast, brightness, degauss, horizontal and vertical size and position, geometry (pincushion, trapezoid, parallelogram, rotation), noire reduction, convergence, corner purity, user-defined settings with factory settings recall, color temperature

Case is in good condition and beige in color. No dead pixels. Looks as good as the first day I got it.

Price $175 Picked up. No shipping...it's too darn heavy :p

Not the actual monitor...but it looks like this:
B000EDKLP2.01-A3KK9D78HG8SL3._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Hate to rain on your parade..

at the computer show at the COD I picked up 2 of these for 75 bux each. They have really come down with the lower cost of LCD's. I can get a 20" LCD for about 250 bux now.

It is a great monitor though, except mine is now going out.

Good Luck.
[/b]

Good to know. As for the price, it was determined my my searches on ebay and some refurbished PC sites. I thought that price was a little high so that's why I posted that I'll consider offers.

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
I can attest to this monitor as I have one sitting on the floor collecting dust, it was great in its day, just got too many headaches from the giant CRT sitting inches away... I have a 20" Sony Trinitron I'm trying to get rid of as well, $20 and it's yours... would make a great monitor for the garage if your working on something out there or as an extra screen...

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Mike,

What do you mean you got too many headaches?
[/b]

it's a CRT, Cathode Ray Tube, theres an electron gun in there shooting off ions at you from inches away, its been proven to cause cataracts and in some cases, headaches. thats why everyone is moving to LCD. I worked at Best Buy in Computers for 6 years, trust me, I know my sh*t, lol!

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I don't really agree with the above statement. The only reason it would cause headaches, is if you have the refresh rate set too low.

I stare at my monitor for 8-15 hours per day, and have never developed a headache from it. I have yet to move to an LCD monitor, because they still can not hang with the specs of a CRT. You have a refresh rate issue (which most new LCD's are pretty good at now) the resolution issue (I like 1600x1200) and only a handful of LCD's can do that. and of course dot pitch (spacing between the dots on the screen) my monitor is at something like .22 where a good LCD can't really touch that.

I keep my refresh rate near 100, whereas the default is at 60hz interlaced.

Oh yeah, I have been doing this for 16 years, if it matters.. ;)

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Here you go..

Q. I am a 47 year old male who spends an average of 10 hours a day in front of a computer and has done so for the past 15 years. I had a cataract operation on my left eye 5 years ago and now have a developing cataract in my right eye. My sister tells me that I should consider an LCD display because she thinks prolonged exposure to CRT is inherently more damaging to the eye than LCD exposure. Is there any basis of truth in her hypothesis? Have any objective studies been conducted on this subject? My understanding is that both types of monitors have met TCC99 radiation compliance standards. Is radiation the issue?

A. There is no evidence to indicate that working at a CRT causes cataracts - nor is there any reason to suspect such. Cole et al have studied eye characteristics in long term computer users and have not found any evidence of increased risk for cataract.

Cataracts are common - a study on watermen inthe Chesapeake Bay has demonstrated that lifetime exposure to ultraviolet is related to cortical cataracts. However, there is almost no UV radiation in an office environment (including coming from a CRT) - magnitudes less than in an outside environment.

source: http://www.doctorergo.com/home.html?main=faq.html

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I dont know John. I wouldnt want to mess with the Best........................buy guy. :lolsign:

Off topic, but I wanted to commit murder to every employee in Best Buy at my work the other day. Poop from my babies diaper is worth more then they are.

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
I can attest to this monitor as I have one sitting on the floor collecting dust, it was great in its day, just got too many headaches from the giant CRT sitting inches away... I have a 20" Sony Trinitron I'm trying to get rid of as well, $20 and it's yours... would make a great monitor for the garage if your working on something out there or as an extra screen...
[/b]

Mike,

You looking to sell this monitor? If so, please PM me or e-mail me: [email protected]

Thanks,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info