3800 The Camaro is done!!!

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

That's right, after a year and a half our Camaro is finaly ready for the world again. A "friend" had it for a year to do some body work and pretty much raped it dry and then had a break-down so I took it from him about 5 months ago and dropped it off at another shop who did it right.

So, anyway, they pulled the panels and doors off, stripped everything to metal and every wave and bump was smoothed out. They painted it, blocked it, reassembled, blocked, cleared, blocked, polished, buffed and I think I rubbed one out on it once or twice as well! They detailed the interior, the engine compartment, they even detailed the wheel wells! We sent the rims out to Texas to be refinished and topped it all off with new decals and emblems.

We gave it to Carrie today...she cried!

610a66b6b4.jpg

840639e60a.jpg

...and yes, that is the actual mileage!

65777fb0e1.jpg

Pictures so seriously don't do it justice. It literally looks like it rolled less than 5 miles away from the showroom!

I

imported_Theautoguy

The car is totally stock except for a Hypertec chip, thermostat and fan switch. I changed that so it wouldn't run hot; I heard back then (We've had it for over 11 years now!) that GM would run them hot so they would pass emissions but the heat did no favors for engine longevity.

As it sits, I think it's a very low 14 second car! (It has the factory 350.)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
G-bodys were between 82' and 88' including Regals, Monte Carlos and...............Grand Prixs!!!

G-bodys were the Grandparents to our current toys.
[/b]

very true when you consider the relation between the buick 3.8/4.2L and 3800 SI/SII

love the IROC

there's a pontiac TA in doc's body shop that has the turbo 3.8 they are rebuilding/painting the car now that the drivetrain is all done...

i love 3rd gen Fbody's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info