3800 is there such a thing as too big? get yer mind outta

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
....i also scored something special off a Thunderchicken SC (more about that later :p )

.......that is all till the next installment of schlim's Jyard treasures...
[/b]

whadya think? i COULD convert it into an air to water IC....the new JEGS is for size reference
ICandJEGS1.jpg

3 inch x 8 inch x12 inch core 3.5 x 8 x 16.5 overall l :eek:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu.../ICandJEGS2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...Cthickness3.jpg
SCTbirdIC.jpg

SCTbirdinlet.jpg

it kinda sux that someone got to the M90 before i got there that would have been perfect for your truck mike! lol

sooo should i use it for an interim A2A for the rear turbo or remove the air connections from the tanks and set up a 1 inch hose on each end and weld it to an L67 LIM and make a plate for the M90 to bolt to?

actually this would be perfect for a core under two M90's on my tall deck SI/SII hybrid :lolsign:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I'd skip it, looks tempting; just too much fabbing to make it work.[/b]
yeah no kiddin' but you shoulda seen the look on Al's face when i told him we'd have to cut a hole in his hood...well worth it :lolsign:
no i got it because for the $ it will work great as an interim a2a IC for the rear turbo (one of the last things we needed)
i love making junk fly!

If you want a big exchanger, look into heater cores from the short buses. They are just about the right size. I found one 11x5x3" they also have 1" in/outs.
[/b]

today i should be able to cut the two L36 LIM's for my SI/SII hybrid so i can finally get that on the block and do a cardboard UIM mockup...i'm kinda starting to like the twin M90 idea. the core from an 07 peterbuilt (sleeper cab HVAC) looks like it would be wide enough to use as the base of the uim
i want to get the lower done and bolted on so i know exacly what i have to work with

with the room available in the back of the 442 two M90's would probably fit depending on the mounting angle...

it's insane but it might just work :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yup i'm insane...
TwinM90hybrid2.jpg

kinda helps that there is enough room in the back of the 442 (where the low/mid rpm Tq is benifitial for launching), but also that the long rod engine geometry of the tall deck block would allow better high rpm breathing...
here you can see i just threw the L67 LIM on there but the two L36 lim's will be sectioned and welded together to make it ~1.5 inches wider for port alignment on the tall deck block
TwinM90hybrid5.jpg

with an intercooler integrated into the triangular UIM the blowers would actually be even higher but would allow me to flatten out the angle (the blowers and UIM would overhang over the head mounted injectors-it would make injector swaps a bitch but hey no pain no gain...)
the blowers would sit at a flatter angle than this:
TwinM90hybrid9.jpg

as opposed to something like this

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...M90hybrid13.jpg

kinda crazy i know...but there would still be plenty of room for a turbo (just a wee little one ;) )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info