3800 OFF TO ZZP I GO!!

I

imported_1fastGTP

well it happend a little early... but i knew it would happen sooner or later. i was comming out of my subdivision and making a right onto 87th/boughton i started to press the pedel down a little bit then it just wouldnt move... i was like WTF!!??? cj was in the car with me and he looked at me like ok... i put it into 3rd 2nd 1st and even tried reverse.. NOTHEN! kyle and justin turn around and pull behind me and put the hazards on. i call my dad and tell him... im stuck in traffic because... i think i blew my trans. he goes wheres are ya?? blah blah blah he shows up. then i call ron ask him what it could be.. and yea torque converter,chain,input shaft,clips.... ok.. then called bob to see if he could help out. we push my car all the way back to my house... 2 hours later... SOOOOOOOOOOOO that was my beautiful story of how the trans died, but im going to zzp around january 12 to get a fully built race trans, st2 cam, and s2 heads with a dyno tune. It sucks that my car is down like this... but it saves my car from being in the winter for a little bit and get the cops off my ass.(window tints,loud exhaust,no front plate) I will keep everyone up to date on the situation.

Shaun

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
thats sucks your car died in traffic, worst thing that can happen. I am glad i replaced my trans with a dynotech before it completly died out. I have a 3000 stall for my car and it is a dd, everything is just fine with it. I dont know what you will need for your turbo and cam setup though. Thats something zoom can help you with.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
that push sucked..........me and cj needed an Iron lung after that.
funny part is me and him blew are trans on the same street with the same kit.........after the same amount of time having the kit on. Tho i was at 16-17psi @7k and shauns just died so peacefully

2.93s FTW.......fuck 3.29s with a turbo,go with at least a 3200 stall...make sure to get the dif squirter(forgot if thats still standard)

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea, that was a whole lot of fun, didn't get a ride, then get to push the car a mile back to his house in 35 degree weather. Can't wait to get a ride when it's all done.
CJ
[/b]

haha dont worry the 1st ride is URS!! (unless dad gets in 1st lol)

funny part is me and him blew are trans on the same street with the same kit.........after the same amount of time having the kit on. Tho i was at 16-17psi @7k and shauns just died so peacefully

2.93s FTW.......fuck 3.29s with a turbo,go with at least a 3200 stall...make sure to get the dif squirter(forgot if thats still standard)
[/b]

soooo why go with 2.93 over 3.29? and what about the stall zzp said go with 3250, but my dad thought that would be harsh.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotemain'>
yea, that was a whole lot of fun, didn't get a ride, then get to push the car a mile back to his house in 35 degree weather. Can't wait to get a ride when it's all done.
CJ
[/b]

haha dont worry the 1st ride is URS!! (unless dad gets in 1st lol)

[/b]

soooo why go with 2.93 over 3.29? and what about the stall zzp said go with 3250, but my dad thought that would be harsh.
[/b][/quote]
i hated the 3.29s when i switched. 2.93s pulled so much harder on the topend. - most turbo guys use 2.93s it took scott cook a few years to figure that out. tho bob cook is using 3.29s or 3.56s IIRC and he is trapping higher then Matt M.
i said at least 3200, so 3250 would work ;)
better MPGs with 2.93s also
eric at dynatech suggests 3.29s, but he even said only because it seems to be a slightly stronger gear (holds up a little longer i guess). easier to launch 2.93s(a plus for you)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info