3800 Mustang GT Vs. Grand Prix GXP

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Well, I haven't had a race in my Mustang since I raced a GTO around the first month or so since I've owned it. All I have is an intake and tune.

I was driving trying to pass this GXP that was going really slow in front of me and as I tried to pass he accelerated really hard.

We got to a stop light and we both gave each other the friendly "shake of the head".

Light turned green, we both spun them and after that he was at my rear quarter panel the whole way up to 80 when i let off.

He was not gaining or pulling at all. If anything it seemed as if I was slightly pulling on him.

It was a pretty good race. I'm surprised I won.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Im sure the 280TQ and 3.29 gears helped him out a ton.

The mustang GT is a dog and I have always been disapointed in what Ford has produced. I also dislike how if you want a fast Ford, you pretty much have to buy one that is almost as much as a Vett.

Even the new Mustang GT weights about 200-300lbs to heavy to be a real contender

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008

The mustang GT is a dog and I have always been disapointed in what Ford has produced. I also dislike how if you want a fast Ford, you pretty much have to buy one that is almost as much as a Vett.

Even the new Mustang GT weights about 200-300lbs to heavy to be a real contender
[/b]

Well, I do n't know what to say to that. Mustang's aren't the fastest cars, but they aren't "dogs".

Most mustang's are usually poorly driven 5speeds.

The better Mustangs are the Mach 1 and of course, the Terminators.

Nonetheless, from what you say it doesn't say much for the GXP.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Yeah, i wouldn't call Mustang's a dog either. . The last 4.6 i raced saw my taillights, but it wasn't by bus-lengths.

All you're runnin is an X pipe and intake, right, Rob?
[/b]

Nope no exhaust mods. Intake and Tune.

An x-pipe gets good amount of power on the 4.6 considering Ford put 4 CATS on the car.

Usually 10-15 Wheel horse depending on other intake mods with just a Xpipe.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The mustang GT is a dog and I have always been disapointed in what Ford has produced. I also dislike how if you want a fast Ford, you pretty much have to buy one that is almost as much as a Vett.[/b]

X2, Im not impressed either, all the auto 99-04's shift like a Taurus. (slow and soft) I never drove hard a 5-speed 99-04 though. I beat my friends 01 Auto GT with exhaust by multiple cars. We raced multiple times, he refused to accept my 3.4'ed GTP was faster than his stang.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Well, I do n't know what to say to that. Mustang's aren't the fastest cars, but they aren't "dogs".

Most mustang's are usually poorly driven 5speeds.

The better Mustangs are the Mach 1 and of course, the Terminators.

Nonetheless, from what you say it doesn't say much for the GXP.
[/b][/quote]

Well, the GXP is a family car and I am sure weights a lot more. The stang is a muscle car and I expect more. I just feel the GM gives a lot more power for the buck then Ford, although the GTO is a dissapointment and a pig.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Well, the GXP is a family car and I am sure weights a lot more. The stang is a muscle car and I expect more. I just feel the GM gives a lot more power for the buck then Ford, although the GTO is a dissapointment and a pig.
[/b]

I'm sure the GXP does weigh a lil more. I think the mustang is even lighter by a little bit than my Fbody.

GM's motors are much smoother.

GTO's are not what they should have been. 05-06 were improvements but still not what they should have been.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
The mustang GT is a dog and I have always been disapointed in what Ford has produced. I also dislike how if you want a fast Ford, you pretty much have to buy one that is almost as much as a Vett.[/b]

X2, Im not impressed either, all the auto 99-04's shift like a Taurus. (slow and soft) I never drove hard a 5-speed 99-04 though. I beat my friends 01 Auto GT with exhaust by multiple cars. We raced multiple times, he refused to accept my 3.4'ed GTP was faster than his stang.
[/b]

This is the 2nd time i've seen you write that a Mustang shifts like a Taurus. I'm not quite sure what 99-04 GT you've been in thats an automatic, but I can tell you before I even tuned the car, it shifted nice and crisp into 2nd gear at WOT.

My GTP beat a 99-04 GT and also lost to 2 of them. What's your point?

Maybe if I put a Mach 1 shaker hood on my car, with Mach 1 decals it will go faster.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
ummm Vipermike.. you are crazy... simple as that..

the 99-04 mustang is the HARDEST shifting car that i have EVER ridden in... that is in stock format.

Now.. if you meant 95 SHO taurus shifting.. then yes i will agree... because i shift hard as shit.

Royal... since when does the GXP have 280tq?
[/b]

Ryan, I knew you and I had this conversation before. I figured it was a matter of time before you posted.

Stock the tires break loose every time you wide open throttle into 2nd.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

_____________________________05+LS4 TOP 15_____________________________

1)__13.40 @ 104.6 1.90__Area47___________|65shot|wgPCM|(GXP)

2)__13.64 @ 102.5 2.08__1stgxp_________|CAI|mufflers(GXP)

3)__13.68 @ 102.3 2.09__tony____________|STOCK(no headlight)(GXP)

4)__13.76 @ 101.3 2.12__DavidS1567______|STOCK(no headlight)(GXP)

5)__13.86 @ 101.1 2.12__killagxp_________|OpenCone(no headlight)(GXP)

6)__13.88 @ 99.30 2.09__06GXP__________|Stock(GXP)

7)__13.88 @ 101.6 2.20__CGreen_________|VecPCM(GXP)

8)__13.90 @ 102.0 ______Atek_gt2_______|CAI|no res|muffler s(GXP)

9)__13.90 @ 99.71 2.10__silvergxp________|Stock(no headlight)(GXP)

10)_13.97 @ 101.1 2.21__kissmyss03______|CAI(MonteCarlo)

11)_14.01 @ 98.53 2.07__LIGHTFIGHTER___|STOCK(no headlight)(GXP)

12)_14.01 @ 100.5 2.19__slippingaway_____|STOCK(GXP)

13)_14.07 @ 99.84 2.10__slowsix_________|STOCK(GXP)

14)_14.19 @ 100.2 2.27__BigMike_________|STOCK(GXP)

15)_14.24 @ 97.00 2.13__Charles Tate_____|Downpipe(GXP)

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
<div class='quotemain'>
Ryan and Rob,

The two auto 99-04 Stangs I drove were basicly stock and none could chirp tires. They would rev up slow, and shift smooth no nick slapping shifts there. Hence I say they shift like a Taurus (non SHO)
[/b]

Yeah Mike there must of been something Wrong with the cars u where driving if they shifted soft i never knew a mustang to shit soft it was always hard

Well those cars must have been not running correctly.
[/b][/quote]

Well Mines a 07 and i took a auto one out before i bought my 5spd and that fucken was balls to the wall and it broke the tires loose easy as hell.....and put u in the seat and shifted hard 1st-2nd .....BUT NOW I CAN CHURP 1ST,2ND,AND 3RD LOL i wonder if that because i got a 5spd with over 300hp :lolsign:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, a 00 with 40K and a 01 with 50K probably ran like shit :blink: Im sure there cars were fine.
[/b]

Want to drive mine? I'll even tune it back to stock. Any cash on this?

BTW, when did you get the Ws6?
[/b][/quote]

Im not saving they cant chirp gears, im saying my friends stangs cant chirp gears, idk if its the tires, road conditions, or what.

Ive had the Trans AM since March.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, a 00 with 40K and a 01 with 50K probably ran like shit :blink: Im sure there cars were fine.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Im not saving they cant chirp gears, im saying my friends stangs cant chirp gears, idk if its the tires, road conditions, or what.

[/b][/quote]

Well if its not hot outside, you might not hear tires "chirp". That is just common knowledge.

IMO a 99-04 AUTO Mustang shifts harder stock then a 98-02 Fbody LS1.

I own both.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Well if its not hot outside, you might not hear tires "chirp". That is just common knowledge.

IMO a 99-04 AUTO Mustang shifts harder stock then a 98-02 Fbody LS1.

I own both.
[/b][/quote]

My car shifts hard as fuck and a lot harder than ANY mustang and i can churp my tires no matter what the conditions are i wonder if me having a 5spd make a difference lol :p :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info