3800 Tire nut

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
anyone know what the tire nut that holds the rotor on is... I have to change my CV and I didnt know it had to come off... I need to know what size to get and I need it by tomarrow... Thanks guys...
[/b]

um your refering to the big fuckin nut that is in the middle of the hub right? (it holds the CV shaft in the hub/unit bearing) i think it's 34mm, autozone has em as loaner sockets...

the 15mm socket is for the bolts that hold the hub/unit bearing to the spindle (which you dont NEED to remove to do a CV shaft

and if i recall it's a 19mm (= 3/4 inch) nut that secures the lower ball joint to the spindle/knuckle

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotemain'>
anyone know what the tire nut that holds the rotor on is... I have to change my CV and I didnt know it had to come off... I need to know what size to get and I need it by tomarrow... Thanks guys...
[/b]

um your refering to the big fuckin nut that is in the middle of the hub right? (it holds the CV shaft in the hub/unit bearing) i think it's 34mm, autozone has em as loaner sockets...

the 15mm socket is for the bolts that hold the hub/unit bearing to the spindle (which you dont NEED to remove to do a CV shaft

and if i recall it's a 19mm (= 3/4 inch) nut that secures the lower ball joint to the spindle/knuckle
[/b][/quote]

x2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info