3800 coolant level sensor

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
kinda rare to go out(ive seen junk yard ones work that looked like they have been at the bottom of a sea)
it is on the LIM right under the thermostat neck(its a little tight to get to but is right there), its on an angle facing down towards your feet if your looking at the engine compartment
i dont think unplugging it will help. check to make sure its in all the way, id guess it would be a loose connection first(cheapiest to fix). then look at replacing it, my buddy just got one from napa $20-25 IIRC
good luck........and he didnt need to replace it

you dont have a leak anywhere do you?
good luck

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Yeah, I found it and unplugged it. Light went away. I had a slight leak at the rad cap. Replaced the cap but the light still wouldn't go away even after unhooking the battery. Can't tell for sure but I might have a leak at the lower rad hose. The car is too wet everywhere to tell for sure. I'll just keep an eye on it for now. Thing is even if it does have a slow leak, why would the light come on if it were full after resetting the computer? Pretty sure the sensor is bad.

N

Nidan

I had a problem with what I thought was the sensor in my 2001 GTP. After the sensor was replaced, the problem came back within a couple of months. I decided to get a coolant flush... and poof... the problem went away. The problem was was attributed to good ole' dexcool.

Where the Hell is the coolant level sensor? I've looked around, but can't find the damn thing. Will unplugging turn off the warning light (on for no reason) or do I really need to buy a new one? If thats the case, how much do they generally go for?
[/b]

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Yeah, I suppose that could be too. I really do need to flush the system. Come spring the car's getting a major tune up. All fluids, filters, the whole shebang. If the last owner couldn't bother to change the spark plugs (NO electrode left. At all) then I'm sure they ignored pretty much everything else too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list