3800 A few photos of my progress...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

Remember a few weeks ago when I chunked a piston at the track...well, I don't mess around...

The short block:
5c43484f37.jpg

...now with the heads:
0b185146c3.jpg

...and a few of what it'll look like in the truck:
4d6ba0c30a.jpg

72f27dcacc.jpg

a9a2fd3da4.jpg

Yea, there's a few bucks sitting there; at least a few bucks for a Rockford guy!

I

imported_Theautoguy

They are the AFR 185 1420's...they showed up today and went on a couple hours later! As for the bottom end, it's primarily stock (compression and all) other than the forged TRW slugs. I did have the block checked and the rotating assembly balanced and blueprinted.

It should be good for around 550hp and 600ft/lb at the crank...give or take.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for the notice but that one is for the 99' and up, I have a 93'; my Lightning looks like a real, All-American truck not a fluffy, rounded edge, open-trunk 3-seat tourer![/b]
Damn straight! Gen I Lightnings for the win!

I'm adapting an M90 with an intercooler to the 300 I6 in my 95' F150. You're really making me feel dumb now. :(

I

imported_Theautoguy

Damn straight! Gen I Lightnings for the win!

I'm adapting an M90 with an intercooler to the 300 I6 in my 95' F150. You're really making me feel dumb now. :([/b]

Why would you say that, I think adapting an M90 to an I-6 300 would be awsome! Much more noteworthy than a basic bolt on rebuild like my set-up. You really need to keep me up on the progress on that!

I

imported_GraFFix

Motor looks awesome...I would look even better in my car...lol Id love to see that blower sticking out of my hood.
Those heads do rock, if my car didnt already have TrickFlow TW's on it those would be the ones I would get. I cant wait till I get to build a new motor...Although the bank account is telling me its going to be a long wait lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info