3800 The trans died last Friday!!!

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

Well, the Regal went to the trans shop last Friday; the verdict came back for a complete rebuild…including the torque converter and differential! It started acting up a couple of years ago but I wasn’t able to get it to recreate the issues for my trans guys. Last week it finally threw a code and started making a few faint noises. It seems one of the pistons/valves wore and started to leak past a seal causing line pressure issues. After two years of that it eventually toke out the torque converter as well as a couple of shafts among other things I don’t understand about automatics. They also found that my C’Ya differential was tore up too. (I’m getting that back and I’ll get ahold of Mike Dye and have him look it over; I think I put about 40,000 miles on it so perhaps he can find out if it may have contributed…though the trans guy said that it was a victim rather than a cause.)

Anyway, it only cost me $1700 for a complete rebuild with extras out the door. I feel rather fortunate with the cost all things considered. I suppose that the 3-4 dozen passes at Byron didn’t do it real well!

Oh well, it’s just money! :unsure:

I

imported_Theautoguy

Jacob, the Regal is done now and both the truck and the Camaro should be done by Christmas!

The Camaro is heading to get appraised and then straight to a storage unit, I'm expecting a near $20K appraisal...The Camaro didn't just get a smoothing and color, I had a FULL RESTORATION done on it; down to bare metal, panels realigned, all new seals, underbody and underhood de-crapped, the rims were refurbished, all new decals and emblems...you guys will shit when you see it!

The truck...well, it's now in a new class of fast.

Nothing like spending 5 figures on your cars in a span of 4 weeks!

...and I've seen Mike once or twice, we have a mutual friend.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
well if they sent the converter over to Midwest Converter you can be sure they rebuilt it good...gotten more than a few converters rebuilt and adjusted there...standup guys
[/b]

x2 on Midwest Converters...good stuff! tho would be better if my bro inlaw still worked there. more discounts ya know!

MD is still around, apparently in hiding for personal issues or something, but my bro inlaw knows him, heck i think the lifters and assocated stock parts in my car were sourced from him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info