3800 Thinkin bout getting another GTP....Few questions

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
I'm thinkin about selling the Mustang and getting another GTP.

I'm looking at 2001+ GTP's with lower mileage.

My question is, the Performance shift feature is gone, and I know you have to tap into the #21 Prong thing on the PCM, but is there like a switch you have to wire into the car?

How can you turn it on and off, or does it always have to be on?

Someone clue me in on this.

I

imported_1fastGTP

my buddy just did this. he bought the shifter from ed morad for $40.00 shipped! amazing deal, and he is including the wire, so he is swapping the shifters and then having that wire connect right to the pin and hes good to go. (you have the button on the side of the shifter for on and off)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
2001s have the stock settings of the 97-00 with performance shift on. only if you have a DHP can you use a switch to activate the performance shift. there just isnt as big of a shift change for the 01s because it incresed only 200rpms not 600(5400 on 97-00). dont let that be a deciding factor at all. they have the better steering wheel IMHO, and a plastic gas tank and onstar and nicer sun roof cover(1 peice). i have a lower milege 01.....might even be for sale-
you dont have to buy a shifter, only if you like that look. i liked mine by the seat heater. it only cost like 2 bucks for a swtich

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
I know you said 01+, plus this guy has a 99 (best year IMO :) ) with only 25K with many performance mods and appearance mods:

http://www.chicagograndprix.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2853

If I had the cash I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
[/b]

it's a tight ass ride. I don't really want one with that many mods though.

Damn good price too. Plus I'm sure he will go down a lil bit.

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotemain'>
haha rob your such a dork, lol, sold it..then want one again haha, go for it there nice
[/b]

Ehhh, I like the Mustang but its only decent on gas. Not great like the GTP and also, the GTP was pretty damn impressive in snow.

We'll see. Nothing is set in stone yet. I always have crazy ideas.
[/b][/quote]

dude rob ill kill you! get that car and if your gunna be a little baby about the mod just demod it! haha im just given ya shit man, if only chad would do the same thing :lolsign: :lol: but he just made a horrible decision but hey it happens... 37k on a 07 stang which he could have put maybe 6k and made almost an 11 sec prix. Anyways back on track i know ull make the right decision! :) goodluck man

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info