3800 Jensen DVD By Pass Code...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
For anyone who gets a Jensen DVD player here is the FACTORY Over Ride code to disable the parking brake feature so Movies can be viewed in motion... Just BE SAFE...

The code is a permanent way of disabling the brake override on the jensen units.

There are two ways of doing this:

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!! You can now kill your whole family in the car while watching that adult movie while your driving.....

The other wa[y of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

It may take a few tries but you'll get it. This method can be done if you don't want to bother temporarily activating the brake sequence, but if you only have the unit and no additional tv's, its #$%^&* damn hard because you can't see the settings your changing.

I tried to make this as clear as possible. If you have questions, private message me or post here.

This code DOES work.

Best of Luck!

By the way, this is for informational purposes only and I will not be responsible for anything bad/stupid/ignorant you do with your Jensen unit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Xtant12
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list