3800 Nice Day

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Yeah I don't work on Fridays thank god.....Hey Tony, come over here and clean my driveway for me ;) :p

Someones gotta help a preggo lady out.......since hale actually went into work today.....i am suppose to have new bedroom furniture delivered today. We will see if that happens. My driveway isn't going to get done or my little front porch till hale gets home tonight. I tried to just somewhat sweep the snow off the porch, because an x-mas decoration fell over in front of the door, and I can't even move it.

tonys99gtp

Regular
May 19, 2008
Carpentersville
Real Name
Tony
Yeah I don't work on Fridays thank god.....Hey Tony, come over here and clean my driveway for me ;) :p

Someones gotta help a preggo lady out.......since hale actually went into work today.....i am suppose to have new bedroom furniture delivered today. We will see if that happens. My driveway isn't going to get done or my little front porch till hale gets home tonight. I tried to just somewhat sweep the snow off the porch, because an x-mas decoration fell over in front of the door, and I can't even move it.
[/b]

Haha, I am at work this fine morning, took me a nice 45 min drive to aurora.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

School is CLOSED today...snow day!

The kids are excited to say the least...I just want to sit in the house, but looks like I'll be doing some shoveling, and if I don't let these kids go out and play in it, I'll have to listen to them whining about it all day; so that means I have to join them. It'll be fun, but I hate cold weather.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I called my boss at 7:00 to tell him that I'm looking at 7" of snow with a predicted 1"- 2" dropping every hour and that it was heading his way. (I live in Rockford and work in Niles.) He told me that he was moving about 10 mph on the Tri-State and had been at that pace for about an hour! I decided to head out to the Rockford Grainger branch and log some time in there.

I heard a guy on the radio say that he got on I90 in Rockford and was driving for an hour and hadn't got to the Marengo Toll! (It usually takes me 15 minutes when it's dry and 20 minutes when it's raining!)

I already spent 2 hours clearing snow...freaking big driveway!!!

On a side not, I'm dropping the Regal off today at the trans shop...I think the torque converter is crapping out!

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea i woke up to go to class for 10 and i checked to see if cod was open.. but nope there open at 5p.m. haha sucks for the night classes. i was looking forward to my culinary class tho.. they were going to demonstrate how to make chicken valentine... which is my final!!

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
down here at midway we only got 2-3-4 inchs, but it is Verrrrrry heavy and WET. periotical sun is keeping the cleared spots, cleared.
I was on my way home from visiting last night, and at 9PM, all Bridges were shut down due to Ice. Good thing I had a back route to get home, because there are 5 bridges right around my house. didnt think there were that many. :blink: On the mile long bridge there were a mininum of 5 accidents last night, before it got shut down.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
We only got about an inch of snow where chipmonk and I live. There was a lot of rain and the fields are flooded. I wish that was all snow, I like driving in the snow too.

We only got about an inch of snow where chipmonk and I live. There was a lot of rain and the fields are flooded. I wish that was all snow, I like driving in the snow too.

I

imported_Theautoguy

We officially got 12 inches of snow in Rockford! Every school was closed, the airport was shut down and garbage pickup was suspended...and yet, the "Arrow Alero" Chicago car went EVERYWHERE! (except to work in Niles) I just had a full set of Faulkens thown on about 2 weeks ago.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
70 minutes from orland park to northside of chicago. Usually takes 50-60 minutes.. Have to say they did a good job of plowing this year. IDOT and Local agencies were actually not caught off gaurd as usual.

I will enjoy this day because I know they will be caught off gaurd and all normalcy will return..

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, I just went to check on my car. We had to goto walmart earlier and my car died in the middle of trying to get unstuck in the parking lot. Still running like a champ. :D I was worried for a second since when I started it back up a minute later it was chugging a bit. Figured it was the fuel left in the cylinder.

I also managed to rip my air dam halfway off.

FWIW, I only got stuck in a stripmall parking lot and not mine. All while there were 4 others stuck at the same time. WOOT!! Guess it was THE MAD POWER!! :lolsign:

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Palatine got about 12-15 inches. My wife's AWD Aztek laughed at the snow. (For once I actually liked her Aztek. :p )

The sucky part of the day was I lost my PDA cellphone (only had it two months.) I was helping people in my complex that were stuck. I guess it fell out while I was shoveling them out or pushing their cars.

Anyway, it really freakin' sucked to have to shell out $400 bucks for a new one. I knew I should of got the insurance. :blink: My record of 10 years without losing a cell phone is over. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info