3800 Performance question...

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So lot has been going on over here with me.. My entire MOD PLAN is more than likely not going to happen.. BUT my question is, with a SSIC can you hit 300HP?? Im thinking of doing the 42.5 injectors, SSIC, Headers... What do you think.. Im still going to try and shoot for the Full IC but I dont think it will happen.. what do you think...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Only a very small handful of people have been successful with the half-sized IC. Go full-size or don't bother. If it comes down to money, get one used, a ILGPC/WBS/ZZP/Intense core will all work well. Probably your best performance will come out of the newer WBS core or ZZP units. I've tuned cars with these and they have the most headroom.

My older ILGPC core is definately not as good as the new WBS core, but I still was able to pull off 12.50's with rockers with it. That would never happen on an SSIC unless you had a lot of cash tied up in the heads/cam combo.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i think that is the best answer if you go cheap on the ic you will have to make up in valvetrain work......you have to install the ssic and it takes just as long basicly to do. why add more work and if you dont meet your goal you will pay someone to remove and install a new biger unit and lose money on the resale of the SS
seems to be only 1 smart route to take............

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
You need 2 bottles.......the big ones......and you need them by tonight. :p
[/b]

FISH your crazy... Thanks for the info guys... I know what I have to do... I can see it now... Sometime next year Ill be a new member of the 300+ Club... :D
[/b][/quote]

what is the big difference with stage to core and stage 3... what should I get??? does it matter, will I have to change anything out???

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I dont think there is anyone with a L36/67 setup around here. However, Ive seen most on clubgp run ICs and a few who do not. But the ones that dont have monster cams and ported heads. I imagine keep the boost and timing on the lower side then you would a L67 and you should be fine.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
*cough*

T04E84-70-1.jpg

xcuse me.... :lolsign:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
who are you directing that to fish?
[/b]

I want to say it was raven or someone else and you. Someone was asking ME what to do with his GT and someone came up and said tubo > all and your car proves it. Yeah, Im sure all he saw was :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

That was kyle I think.. Didnt he want to do the Turbo, then I think he got bashed for some reason... everyone said to sell his car and get a GTP... I may be wrong... :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info