3800 Chicago Indoor Racing

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
justin and i posted about it too awhile back

and it is a great time, especially with coworkers, i dont think itd be as fun with people you dont know

no real tips other than find the line, and bend the rules, little taps and things, dont break them cuz if u hit someonehard you'll get put on penalty.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Good Time! I went not too long ago and was told they would be re-configuring the track. I want to go back and see what its like. Its mostly about skill and a lil luck. You have to learn to take the corners at the appropriate angle and speed. Once you get that down then its just a matter of not getting wrecked by another driver or getting lucky and avoiding other accidents.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Well my co-workers and I went yesterday. It was awesome. I sucked big time though. But let me give all my sorry excuses : :lolsign: There are 3 qualifying rounds of 15 laps each. On 2 of the 3 rounds, I was placed near the end of the line. There was a girl driver on one round that I couldnt get around! Everyone sped up ahead and I got stuck behind her. I had so many chances to pass her, but everytime I tried, she squeezed me into the wall. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid collisions with her. It was like she was driving with no one else on the track. I guess that technique works though! But I was trying to follow the rules, so I never hit her dammit! :rolleyes:

They print out stats at the end of the race. Pretty cool.

Here's the recap of my runs.
- 1st qualifying round
Finished 6th place out of 10 racers

- 2nd qualifying round
Finished 8th place - last place out of 8 racers
Spun out 3 times
Got 3 warnings. Not for being aggressive, but for spinning out because I was slamming on my brakes not to hit anyone.

- 3rd qualifying round
Finished 4th place out of 10 racers
I thought I did awesone in this race. I even thought I was comming in 1st or 2nd place.
There was one turn where I did a perfect power slide - Fast and Furious style! :lol:

My best time was 16.99.

So I didnt make the cut for the final 30 lap race. I'm the big car guy out of the group and I didnt qualify. From here on end, my coworkers are going to taunt me!

Lots of fun. Dont know how much it cost - cause the compnay paid for it all. Something that we should all do in the future!

J.E.T.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
When I set up the races for my co-workers I have it so that everyone races in the grandprix. If you sucked for the 3 qualifying races then you will start in the back for the GP. The last time I went back in Aug I won 2 of the qualifying races and the GP. The 4th time ive been there and that was my best day ever! I could hardly believe how much I was dominating.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well my co-workers and I went yesterday. It was awesome. I sucked big time though. But let me give all my sorry excuses There are 3 qualifying rounds of 15 laps each. On 2 of the 3 rounds, I was placed near the end of the line. There was a girl driver on one round that I couldnt get around! Everyone sped up ahead and I got stuck behind her. I had so many chances to pass her, but everytime I tried, she squeezed me into the wall. I had to slam on my brakes to avoid collisions with her. It was like she was driving with no one else on the track. I guess that technique works though! But I was trying to follow the rules, so I never hit her dammit!

They print out stats at the end of the race. Pretty cool.

Here's the recap of my runs.
- 1st qualifying round
Finished 6th place out of 10 racers

- 2nd qualifying round
Finished 8th place - last place out of 8 racers
Spun out 3 times
Got 3 warnings. Not for being aggressive, but for spinning out because I was slamming on my brakes not to hit anyone.

- 3rd qualifying round
Finished 4th place out of 10 racers
I thought I did awesone in this race. I even thought I was comming in 1st or 2nd place.
There was one turn where I did a perfect power slide - Fast and Furious style! :lol:

My best time was 16.99.

So I didnt make the cut for the final 30 lap race. I'm the big car guy out of the group and I didnt qualify. From here on end, my coworkers are going to taunt me!

Lots of fun. Dont know how much it cost - cause the compnay paid for it all. Something that we should all do in the future!

J.E.T.
[/b]

You had one lady holding you up. I had EVERYONE trying to spin me out and keep me back and such. So I feel for you.

I also still made it to the final race. :p ;)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
true... if you are looking for a quicker rental kart facility, id check out norway speedway in norway, il. by oswego and starved rock area. but its outdoor, so its a summer activity.
[/b]

I did not know they rented out carts there, are they pretty fast for rentals, also that chicago racing place is kick ass and it feels like your flying if your not used to being that low to the ground and the track is small but the carts still go like 30ish I would say

brett

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info