3800 04 question

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I helped my brother change out his stock computer with his DHP.. I was there when he cut open the box so I know it was not tampered with.. We got everything in and now the car will not start.. It says theft on the dash and the starter wont even turn... Can this be something with the Key/Chip??? Anyone know why it would be doing this.. I called Chad and Mikes3, I dont know anyone else with 04's.. Im lost...

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
Set the parking brake to disable the daytime running lights system to avoid draining the vehicles battery.

Try to start the vehicle by turning key to the START position (using a Master Pass-Key key, not a Valet key).
Observe the SECURITY telltale on the driver information center. Allow the key to fall back into the ON position. DO NOT TURN THE KEY TO THE OFF POSITION.

After no less than fifteen minutes turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.

Try to start the vehicle by turning key to the START position (using a Master Pass-Key key, not a Valet key).
Observe the SECURITY telltale on the driver information center. Allow the key to fall back into the ON position. DO NOT TURN THE KEY TO THE OFF POSITION.

After no less than fifteen minutes turn OFF the ignition and wait for ten seconds.

Start the vehicle.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Set the parking brake to disable the daytime running lights system to avoid draining the vehicles battery.

Start the vehicle.
[/b]

thats what I had to do on mine. its about a half hour process like bob said

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info