3800 WTB Gen V IC Core

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'd swap mine for the 3" core, but it's a gen 3. The new WBS core is great, but the 3" one has a ton of potential. I saw a few things that could be changed to benefit the 3" core when I had it in front of me.

So Ricky, if you get it and can do some metal fabrication look me up. That thing can outperform ANY IC out there right now if implemented with a few minor changes.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
what kind of fabrication are we talking about?? and are the changes for the gen 3? this core im looking for is for a buddy of mine that has a gen v motor.
[/b]
you have a series 3 motor...not a gen 5 motor. do you have a gen 5 blower and LIM?...if you are not using that then you need a gen 3 unit, not a gen 5 style. shortblock will not matter

May 24, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
what kind of fabrication are we talking about?? and are the changes for the gen 3? this core im looking for is for a buddy of mine that has a gen v motor.
[/b]
you have a series 3 motor...not a gen 5 motor. do you have a gen 5 blower and LIM?...if you are not using that then you need a gen 3 unit, not a gen 5 style. shortblock will not matter
[/b][/quote]
it is a gen v blower and LIM. my motor is a gen 3. the one we picked up from ed is a gen v.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

[/b]
Well, the thing about that unit was the fitment of the core itself. It's a production problem, it really needs to be part of the LIM over being a bolt on. If you are set-up to weld alimunum the fabbing would be easy.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotemain'>
this core im looking for is for a buddy of mine that has a gen v motor.
[/b]

Ahem, Bob.
[/b][/quote]
ok ...no such thing as a gen 5 motor......just gen 5 blowers.......people mate l32 blocks to gen 3 m90s it happens because of the gen 5 and LIM cost. they are a better bottom end and are now easier to find with lower milage....i was just making sure he didnt think he need a gen 5 IC because of the shortblock selection and not the blower choice which actualy matters.
i always assume people grab shortblocks from ed and not a complete engine. my bad

good luck ricky

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
yeah...i meant gen v blower...not motor. I was just in a "zone" i guess you can call it. its really MY bad. well thanks for the pwnage bob....jerk. :lolsign: :ph34r:
kidding :rolleyes:
[/b]
just didnt want you hunting for the wrong core with plenty of gen 3s for sale everywhere.
its alright i guess everything i say comes across as an asshole or jaded comment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info