3800 pacesetter/custome exhaust

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date
I

imported_silverbullet

my pacesetter arrived few days ago and thanks to ron for installing it last nite. this morning i had my exhaust done. i went with 3". the shop manager gave me a package deal. he charged me $400 including cat-converter, 3.5 stainless steel slash cut, and 2 mufflers. he ran out of flowmaster so he subsitute with some brand called " pro sound". this thing is loud, but i like it. when starting up and idling it sounds like a V8. this may not be mandrel bend, but for $400 that's a steal. on the 5th picture is the problem i had after installing the pacesetter. the boot is touching the headers, but i already figured a way to keep the boot from melting, until i can get boot protector sleeves and MSD plug wires.

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1965-1.jpg

IMG_1962-1.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

I

imported_silverbullet

phat, i pushed the boot down as far as it will go in the stock boot cover, but it's still touching it. i made a temperly cover for the boot until i can get new wires and boot sleeve. yeah it's loud, but i'm going to have to get use to it. i had louder exhaust on my last durango before so that's nothing new. mike, i'm getting thrasher cai that's why the cone filter is on like that. i didn't want to put the stock box back on.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
phat, i pushed the boot down as far as it will go in the stock boot cover, but it's still touching it. i made a temperly cover for the boot until i can get new wires and boot sleeve. yeah it's loud, but i'm going to have to get use to it. i had louder exhaust on my last durango before so that's nothing new. mike, i'm getting thrasher cai that's why the cone filter is on like that. i didn't want to put the stock box back on.
[/b]

yah you know what i after i posted, i searched a little, and it seem's you are not the only one having the issue. maybe the vendors can add an option to the purchase, to have the msd protect a boots...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

He left out the after cat flange, otherwise it looks good. I used to leave it out too, but I won't anymore, because it makes it very difficult to make any changes down the road. You can't unbolt the catback anymore...it needs to be cut off to remove. I recently did some work on a turbo car with the exact same deal...and I had to cut it off, and add flanges. Not a big deal, but it pushed the install back a day, because I didn't run into the problem until after the stores closed.

I

imported_silverbullet

ron they cut off almost 1.5 ft on the dp to fit the cat converter on. the flex on the dp is couple inches from the inlet of the converter. is this bad? my engine check light is still on after the converter is installed. i know you told me it go through 3 different cycle for it to turn on/off. you think i should go ahead and get the O2 simulator?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
turbo i went to autozone and they have msd wire kit with different boots for it. the cost is like $80. is that the one you talking about?
[/b]

yeah those are the expensive option...for cheap, go up to the parts counter and ask to look at the individual spark plug wires, in the hanover park autozone it's behind the counter near the exterior glass windows, aka you can see them hanging from a rack without going into the store)

they sell just single wires grab one of the one's with a 45* boot remove your OE boot and slip on the 45* boot and trash the rest of the wire that you bought (though i keep some 90* HEI terminal boots for PCV elbows on other cars)
hell they may have one that is long enough, you can just replace the whole wire, though it may not match your others...i'm a cheap bastard though i've done the boot swap on more than a few header equipped RWD cars...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list