3800 new Fuel Pump works now.... fuel gauge doesnt

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
i posed this on clubgp as well

as seen here..

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=34...e=1&smode=1

my fuel pump wasnt working... well we found out it was the hose that leads from the actual pump to the connector.

now the fuel GAUGE always reads way past the "F" (full). I have a little under a 1/2 tank of gas in my car.

We tried to have the fuel canister out of the car... and prime the car (with no lines connected) and to move the floater by hand, manually, up and down. that did not change the gauge.. it still stays way past "F"

Every connectors has a mate and nothing is left unconnected... what gives?

Is my floater just messed up? should i just order a new one from ed morad and splice the old wires?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
basically the same thing it does when you first start the car and the needle's all 'sweep' around...maybe they dont do that in the gp...hmm some cars do. but basically you can manually control the gauges, so the needles will usually return to their normal position.

sometimes they get f-ed up when the battery goes dead or something with the electrical system fails (fp, sending unit, cluster ect..)

it'd be worth a shot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• syP
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list