3800 half price weekend 24th,25th,26th

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
just wanted to make sure that everyone saw this....
8am to 5pm winter hours 2$ entry
locations:
WADSWORTH 41339 N HWY 41 (SE corner of 41 and 173)

SUMMIT 7800West 61st place (1/2 mile south of I55 and one block west of archer)

HAMMOND (my fav) 2015 summer St (and indianapolis blvd) 2 miles north of I80

i havent seen whats in the wadsworth location but

SUMMIT: two burned out L67's (blowers still there) with approx 2 more LIM's and heads without blowers
Riviera's, park ave Ultra's a couple of GPs (plenty of SE's) a couple silvers and one white if i recall correctly.
and the 98 Regal that i will be raping

SYP i saw 1 SHO down there but i didnt browse the ford cars (that often), ford trucks hell yeah i do...lol

and today i will update with what i find at the Hammond Yd

and though they arent half price the Aurora yard had a couple GP's fairly picked over but some parts left (SE's)
and the Circus and ABC parts down south are half price tuesdays at yard 4 and half price mondays yard 1
(this is where i scored big last night, i forgot it was tuesday lol)

I will keep this updated since i know i aint the only Jyard dog here... :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
<div class='quotemain'>
It is a shame that I dont have the time or tools to pull some parts off the cars in Summit. :( Im heading there today.
[/b]

Fish, go get your top end swap parts , pretty quick and easy, I am sure you could go to Hales and steal any of Pauly's tools that are there .
[/b][/quote]

uhhh that 98 regal L67 is ALLL MINE! :lolsign:

you can take the burn victoms heheh
anyways i have some inventory fer ya'll

HAMMOND
Nada 1 GP L36 green and another L36 RIV

SUMMIT see first post, regal L67 is mine this friday!

i didnt gat a chance to check out wadsworth but it is also half price this friday,sat and sunday

Other yards:
BIG TOP 20877 cottage grove ford heights IL 60411
nothing really of interest, they had scrapped a buncha cars, free admission though

U-pull-it
551 E lincoln Hwy, chicago heights IL half off tuesdays
2 red 2 white and 3 black Gp's
1 L67
1 burned L67 (front end wreck but blower is still there)
3 L36's
and 1 burned L36

there are a couple of other yards that i havent been to in a while but i'll post up when and if i go there

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
When your there could you check to see if that 98 Regal has a TAN interior, and if so, that the cupholder/centerconsole (it pops off as one piece, once you see it you will know what I mean) is intact. If so, please call me 773-520-2843 - names Nick. My brother sat on my cupholder and demolished it. :angry: I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
[/b]
sure thing, i dont recall if it was a tan interior but it was a dark marroon so it's likely tan
there was another regal if i recall but it was NA so i didnt bother marking it's location down
i'll give you a call when i go saturday if there's a tan unit there...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
Oh, James, would you mind givin me a better idea as to where Summit is? I tried looking it up on google and couldn't pin-point any directions to it
[/b]

this should help ya...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formt...S&geodiff=1

you still want me to give you a call then right? then you and your bud will go to summit yourselves?
[/b][/quote]

haha, yeah, call nick. I didn't realize him and I were after the same general stuff haha. Nick, you've got first dibs. I can deal with my consol making noise. What I really want is a passenger side corner, cause mine's cracked.

By the way, thanks for the link. I dont know if I'll be able to get out there friday, but definatly by saturday before I head back down to Urbana for the good ole college life

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
im heading up to summit 2maro also i need a SE rear bumper in real good shape.....
what time are you guys going up there to molest the remains
[/b]

my buddy John Proudfoot should be by to pick me up here in hanover at 10ish we should be there before noon
when you walk into the yard the GM are the big area to your left the regal I'll be raping is allllllll the way to the fence (about as far as it gets lol)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Oh, James, would you mind givin me a better idea as to where Summit is? I tried looking it up on google and couldn't pin-point any directions to it
[/b]

this should help ya...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formt...S&geodiff=1

you still want me to give you a call then right? then you and your bud will go to summit yourselves?
[/b][/quote]

haha, yeah, call nick. I didn't realize him and I were after the same general stuff haha. Nick, you've got first dibs. I can deal with my consol making noise. What I really want is a passenger side corner, cause mine's cracked.

By the way, thanks for the link. I dont know if I'll be able to get out there friday, but definatly by saturday before I head back down to Urbana for the good ole college life
[/b][/quote]

my bad i didnt look at the Sn's yeah i can call him oooor
you can call John's cell phone Friday at 11ish or after (since i will be with him by then) or around noon we should be in the yard by then
224 595 4317
and it also looks like Eric B (Eric_cut) will be going with either with us in the prism if John doesnt bring his dog or following us

so parts/people are

Me (l67 parts)
John (Jeep narrowtrack axle shafts and 6 bolt lockout hubs/misc crap)
Eric B (98 Riv parts/RF fender)
Bob (GP SE bumper-you may be in luck i think there is a white SE but i've been to too many Jyards to recal for sure)
Nick (console/cup holder assembly Tan Regal)
Bryce (console and passenger front corner light -GP)

am i missing anything?

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Ohhhhh, can you grab me a hubcap for a '72 Pinto????? No real reason, just thought it would be neat to say "Oh, that horrible thing on the wall?.......thats a '72 pinto hubcap......no,no, you heard me right......a '72 pinto.......why do I have it??............why the hell not :)"...............sorry, I've had way to much sugar today.
Not sure how that ended up being one side of an odd conversation. Just incase you weren't sure, I was just kidding.
CJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Ohhhhh, can you grab me a hubcap for a '72 Pinto????? No real reason, just thought it would be neat to say "Oh, that horrible thing on the wall?.......thats a '72 pinto hubcap......no,no, you heard me right......a '72 pinto.......why do I have it??............why the hell not :)"...............sorry, I've had way to much sugar today.
Not sure how that ended up being one side of an odd conversation. Just incase you weren't sure, I was just kidding.
CJ
[/b]

well there is a old 50's dodge near the Regal...i'll see if it has hubcaps :lolsign:

i can give you a 79 F350 Dana 60 rear axle to hang on the wall...though i cant be sure the garage will remain standing... :blink:

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
So let me get this right, you'd be willing to pick it up for me? Cause if you would, that would be awesome. Cost plus a finders fee would be fair, and I think I could pick up. Otherwise, as long as it's there friday, I should be able to swing up there saturday if not friday to grab the parts. Plus I love wandering around junkyards, they're too much fun......if you've ever seen a kid wandering around home depot with his mouth open drooling, that was probably me - same goes for the yards.

What do you think my chances of pulling any turbos are? (80's mustangs/DSM/Volvo)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
So let me get this right, you'd be willing to pick it up for me? Cause if you would, that would be awesome. Cost plus a finders fee would be fair, and I think I could pick up. [/b]
well i have an idea of what you want...but since i dont own a GP pics would help make sure i get the right thing, provided i dont spend all my money on the L67 parts i can do that, but i tend to get violent so if i draw blood... :lol: (it's a Jyard...it's ok to get violent :ph34r: )

Otherwise, as long as it's there friday, I should be able to swing up there saturday if not friday to grab the parts. Plus I love wandering around junkyards, they're too much fun......if you've ever seen a kid wandering around home depot with his mouth open drooling, that was probably me - same goes for the yards. [/b]
post a pic of what you want and i can at least make sure it's there and the right color, i dont know how long it will take me to tear down the regal and try to find the tan console/cupholder setup for nick, if i take till 5 to grab everything i need i may not get to your stuff...

What do you think my chances of pulling any turbos are? (80's mustangs/DSM/Volvo)
[/b]
pretty good...a couple turbo chryslers, a turboII 2nd gen rx7 but i dont think the turbo is there i'm planning on grabbing the 4 piston aluminum calipers off it if i have the time and spare $, half off i cant go wrong dont know abut the mustangs and volvo stuff, didnt stroll through there...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well Al and i are waiting for john (like 10-20 minutes more max)

grabbed most of my tools/breaker bars etc.

and i found out that AL had the 442 sideways on 90 avaiding a chick driving an audi that nearly sideswipped him :eek:
aparrently his wife was able to see down the road before the 442 came back to straight instantly afgter Al steered into the spin, i guess weighing 4330 lbs (plus his wife) and having a full rollcage can really help on the street :lolsign:
Amanda nearly shit her pants (So did Al i guess)

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Nov 7, 2007
Joliet
good times at the yard, james and al tore that regal a new 1.
we endedup with an aluminum subframe, complete m90, L67fuel rail,pcm and a handful of other crap including some impala parts that will get some needed love.
nick only greay interior regal, no tan but lots of bod goodies left like mint door handles and FP resister

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
good times at the yard, james and al tore that regal a new 1.
we endedup with an aluminum subframe, complete m90, L67fuel rail,pcm and a handful of other crap including some impala parts that will get some needed love.
nick only greay interior regal, no tan but lots of bod goodies left like mint door handles and FP resister
[/b]
yes we did! fucked it all up
we spent a total of 222.95 and would have ended up with 300 if we kept the 98 L67 harness, PCM, LIM and fuel rail, the stuff we really didnt NEED but just wanted...

so we shoulda let you have em bob, i left em under the hood of the regal if you wanna grab em before the weekend is up

i wish i had more money to burn cause i woulda grabbed it all :(

the only things still on the L67 wish list is a balancer, belts and gasket sets

go figure after dropping averything off at my garage i had to work on my buddy Alan's stang, needed a hand getting the rear control arms replaced (damn rustangs :lolsign: )

saturday we tear Al's 93 GP a new one getting the 3.4 DOHC out for the 3100 from the 442 for his new daily driver...

i just got back from the pick and pull in summit. didnt really find anything good. got some motormounts for my crx that i needed and a resistor box for the 450cc bluetop DSM injectors im gonna be using. other than that nothing worth picking up. saw a 92-93.5? turbo prix. that thing was tiny as hell though and had a little shaft play. i left it there...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i just got back from the pick and pull in summit. didnt really find anything good. got some motormounts for my crx that i needed and a resistor box for the 450cc bluetop DSM injectors im gonna be using. other than that nothing worth picking up. saw a 92-93.5? turbo prix. that thing was tiny as hell though and had a little shaft play. i left it there...
[/b]

yeah it like hammond got picked over HARD on friday and saturday....thank god bob and us got there early friday...
i was at summit for an hour today as well...we went back for a hidden warn electric winch on a suburban....someone got there before us...damn :angry:

Al and i saw the TGP also, i thought about grabbing it since i can sell it on W-body.com but i decided i didnt need that hassle :lolsign:

john and i also stopped by one of the two yards over near the big yard on Western ave, scored some jeep parts and almost grabbed a D60 front axle from a dodge 1 ton...but it was the disconnect style so screw it...it's not worth as much, if it didnt have the asle disconnect i could get 1200-1500$ for it

we didnt get over the the GM yard (seperate lot) it was too close to closing time, oh well this week john and i have to go to aurora yard and grab a TJ tailgate so we may be stopping by the one we missed, and midweek we will be up near the Wadsworth yard so i'll take note of regals and GP's fer ya'll

bob and nick, i'm keeping an eye out for those parts (SE bumper, tan center console/cup holder)
nick i have your number in my wallet but bob if ya can PM me yours i can make sure i call ya and see if the price is what you want those parts for etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info