3800 Whats a great gaming TV?

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Ive been looking into different types of Tv's for gaming. from flat screen to rear projection and Projector screens. I want to know what is the best picture and gameplaying TV.

A couple of my friends have flat screen LCD HDTV and they have a bad Lag that nobody notices but me?? They look pretty good when you stay still in the game but when your moving its pretty blurry??

What Type of TV can I buy that wont give that type of lag. I reallly want a projector screen TV If it doesnt lag. What do you guys think?

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
DLPs are generally regarded as having the best overall picture. Flat-panels (LCD and plasma) are cool but do not necessarily provide the best picture and contrast. I have a 30" Sony 16:9 HD that I love. Absolutely beautiful picture, 7 inputs, and it cost me under $800 last year.

Also beware HDMI. The cables are ungodly expensive and prone to malfunctions. On top of that, you'll usually get a better picture just using a high-quality A/V cable.

gt2000

Feb 14, 2008
Down here at school my roomies and I have a nice little setup. My 360 hooked up to a 32" flat panel HD made by Olevia, I think my roommate got it for around 800 bucks. It is a very nice tv, and the gameplay is incredible on it. Graphics are insane and no lag at all. For broke college students we have one hell of a setup. Granted you may want a bigger TV, but I would recommend an Olevia, it is great for what we use it for.

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Thanks guys i did a lot of forum jumping and finally understand what they are talking about. The resolution of the games and the system need to at least match to look good. So Gears of War for Xbox 360 (one hell of a game) is rated 720P resolution and for best results a LCD TV with at least 720P resolution will work best for it.

There are rumors stating that the PS3 will be putting out games that are rated for 1080P resolution and the new Tv's that are coming out now are 1080P. There a little pricey but you can find very good ones on ebay for 1000 - 2000 which isnt bad at all.

all i know is LCD's are talked about as the best, one thing I dont know about is how will 780P resolution games look on 1080P TV's??

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
they will look like they would on a 720p tv. 1080p means it will do up to 1080 quality. 1080 has been out for a while now, its nothing new. go with a DLP. dlp isnt a rear projectioon TV, rear projection TVs are tube TVs. DLP is going to be the best picture. ive seen good ones that are like 60" for like 3,000. great deal

slow04ss

Regular
May 29, 2008
Rockford
I normally play on a good old tube tv. A lot of the HD crap seems to be just marketing bs as the quality is less than my 8 year old $350 pos. When looking at a tv look for one that is bright. Our rear projection has the dark look, which is great for movie's. When I play games like gears of war for example I have to turn the brightness way up to see anything. Red ends up looking pink etc. and it just sucks.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
With all due respect, if you don't see a quality difference, you must have been looking at a TV that wasn't in HD mode. I have been through a lot of TV's and such, and there is a dramatic difference, that is extremely evident.

Maybe I will have you over to watch a movie in the theatre one day ;)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
He might just be like me and not really care that much about the picture. As long as things look cool, no lines or fuzz in the screen, the better. I dont care if it looks so real that it can reach out and smack me. Im not a graphics whore. :p

Also, it doesnt help that Im a tad bit colorblind, so 30 different shades of green and such doesnt matter to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info