3800 What's The best Exhaust

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
loaded question.
is there somthing wrong with your stock one?
do you know that there are little gains from a catback?
what is a growl to you, many people on here have completely differnt full exhaust?
and are you including headers with your exhasut upgrade?
how loud is loud to you?
are you aware are motors are very raspy and opening up the exhaust makes it more apparent?
how much do you wnat to spend?

how much further to you plan to take you car? this is a question you have to think about, know peicing together over time costs more usualy so spend wisely

answering those Qs will help us better answer the question
:D

S

SupermanGTP

Well I gues Growl Would be the deepest without the rasp maybe not possible loud is not a bad thing and money isn't an object cheap is always good though

Full exhaust with 3' down pipe and twin mufflers and chrome tips would be a nice start

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Well I have heard Flow Masters, They are not that sweet sounding... To loud and raspy.. I say go Magnaflows.. :) You will like them.. And yes, 3 inch Dp, and 3' to y should be fine... I dont get the hole ( You only get a few extra horses_) Either way, I think you would like it... Its your call...

P.S.

I want my HOODY... ;)

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
i think pacesetter headers ,highflow cat, and a u-bend a res delete would be nice and ideal, would give nice tone without that much rasp-will give you the most HP/trq per $ and would be a sleeper still a little bit. will cost aboout the same as the setup your thinking -my $.02
[/b]
agree 100%I have the pacesetters and like them a alot, and you can bolt it directly to the stock catback. I wish I would have just got headers and left the stock cat back honestly. I have spent way to much money buying pem's and a 3 inch d/p just to change it out to the headers later. Also changing out the stock mufflers to the magnaflows was a waste, i hate the drone.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
agree 100%I have the pacesetters and like them a alot, and you can bolt it directly to the stock catback. I wish I would have just got headers and left the stock cat back honestly. I have spent way to much money buying pem's and a 3 inch d/p just to change it out to the headers later. Also changing out the stock mufflers to the magnaflows was a waste, i hate the drone.
[/quote]

Your SO RIGHT.. I had no idea when i first was told about modding that you would have to change your DP with a set of headers... If I would have known that I would have skipped them and went straight to headers... Kind of sucks... All that lost $$$$$ :(

I have an 04 GTP Cold Air and 3'4 pulley what would be the best sounding exhaust with a growl to it?
[/b]

So you're runnin a 3.4 pulley with no supporting mods?
Get a 3" inch downpipe and lose the U bend and resonator before anything else.

1.) Lose the U bend and resonator
2.) Get proper supporting mods for a 3.4 pulley or remove them(or blow your motor)
3.) Get a 3"in DP
4.) Gut your catalytic converter - free flowing
5.) Keep stock mufflers
6.) Get headers

Check out the mods in my sig - and if ya want i'll let you hear my exhaust with stock mufflers. With you bus-lengths behind me....haha

If you add Magnaflows or Flowmaster they're much too loud with the above set-up. Keeping the stock mufflers will deaden most of the sound. Even if you add Borla or Corsa it'll still be too loud - plus v6's sound like
animpukeqm5.gif
unless you have a turbo, then it's like B)

And for the 32768698032 time:

3' = Three feet

3" = Three inches

S

SupermanGTP

<div class='quotemain'>
I have an 04 GTP Cold Air and 3'4 pulley what would be the best sounding exhaust with a growl to it?
[/b]

I have a Corsa Catback and SLP Headers w/ hiflow cat that Bumpin is pulling off my 04 if your interested in some good used parts.
[/b][/quote]

let me know what your asking for the whole setup?

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I have a Corsa Catback and SLP Headers w/ hiflow cat that Bumpin is pulling off my 04 if your interested in some good used parts.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

The Corsa Catback $800
SLP Headers W/highflow Cat $600

If you wanted headers to the tips, I could do $1300 For the package.

The price new for the package at an online retailer is $2035 not including the $100 shipping. My parts have maybe 7000 miles on them, so still very new for a great price.

[/b]
Dude!! :blink:

Forget the cat-back for now! You NEED to get the 3" DP and U bend/resonator delete first. Have you even scanned?? I bet you're getting some KR. The cold air makes for a denser, more efficient combustion. I suggest you put your stock pulley back on before you pop a piston...

I agree with Royal - Borla and Corsa aftermarket exhausts sound the best on our cars.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Dude!! :blink:

Forget the cat-back for now! You NEED to get the 3" DP and U bend/resonator delete first. Have you even scanned?? I bet you're getting some KR. The cold air makes for a denser, more efficient combustion. I suggest you put your stock pulley back on before you pop a piston...

I agree with Royal - Borla and Corsa aftermarket exhausts sound the best on our cars.
[/b][/quote]

He's asking for the whole setup.. by SETUP he means the HEADERS and catback.

I agree you do risk blowing up your car with this cold air a 3.4" on an 04+ GP. Do NOT beat on it. Once you get headers and an intake on there you will need to now scan it because you might be outflowing the MAF. :blink:

P.S. 04's dont have a U-bend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info