3800 So theres this guy with a stang

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Its a GT I'm thinking around 97/98 because it has vertical taillights but is the 94-98 body style.

So I'm assuming that means its a 4.6 when it was only like 220 hp or something like that.

Its got an exhaust cobra rims, and a small cowl hood, and I have neither seen nor heard any signs of boost; no gauges, no ic, no sc or turbo sounds.

But anyway this douche is always reving is engine all the time or going WOT on the little private road that goes to my work, or during breaks going out and standing around it and looking at it and stuff it drives me nuts.

It has a badass sound, but unless i'm missing something isnt very badass.

I was thinking of trying to get him to run me sometime just so he'd stop acting like a jackass all the time.

What do you guys think?

SOHC 4.6's sound great - but their bark is worse than their bite. Go run him confidently!(i forgot to look at your sig - LoL) If you have any decent mods you should take him no problem. It doesn't matter, from a roll, from a stop - whatever - just go run him and show him your taillights.
Lately i can't get any fox bodies to bite. .

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
even with some intake,plenum/tb, x-pipe, i doubt it will run in the 13's. can't remember who it was at the ilgpc race day trying to run 13's w/ tb, headers, and DR's....rob? and that was an 01 (i think). you'll smoke him. what mods you have?
[/b]

Was not me. I haven't been to the track with my mustang.

99-04's can run 13's stock with a good driver.

96-98 are low 15-mid 14 depending on driver stock.

99-04 Intake, plenum,TB, and x-pipe with a tune will and should run 13.5-13.7.

My cousin has a 04 GT. Intake, X-pipe, and 3.73 gears ONLY and ran a 13.4.

I think the Stangs are under estimated. I always thought so till I owned one. They aren't

as bad as everyone thinks.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
good info. around this area, there must not be a lot of good drivers. i have seem MANY 99-04s at byron go 14.5ish or higher. here is the vid of the stand i was talking about....
http://media.putfile.com/1298-81
[/b]

From just what I've seen with Stangs is a majority of them are stick shift. Many of them can't drive and they run ridiculous times at the track.

Same with the GTO's (especially 05/06) I've seen them run 14's at the track because they can't drive for crap. Last year when I was at the track, there was not one GTO running a 13. Both years 04 and 05.

But then some of those GTO guys that can drive are running (mid to high 13's stock with 04's) and (low 13's to high 12's stock with 05's)

My cousin that ran that time is an amazing stick driver. This is his 3rd Mustang. He had a 98 which he supercharged, a 2002 Roush stage 3, and now he is driving that 04 with mild bolt ons. He really knows how these stangs need to be driven.

As far as my car, I have no idea what it will run. Maybe a high 13 low 14. All I have is an CAI and Tune.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
my mods roughly are 3.0 pulley IS2 Cam, headers, dp, exhaust, and various other goodies.

I'm pretty sure I'd own him, but just wanted to see what you guys think.

My best at the track was a 12.8 and that was with a crappy 1.9 60 and trapping around 107. However that was like a year and a half ago.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
my mods roughly are 3.0 pulley IS2 Cam, headers, dp, exhaust, and various other goodies.

I'm pretty sure I'd own him, but just wanted to see what you guys think.

My best at the track was a 12.8 and that was with a crappy 1.9 60 and trapping around 107. However that was like a year and a half ago.
[/b]

Bro, you shouldn't have even asked.

Don't even waste your gas unless you really wanted to embarrass him.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
<div class='quotemain'>
thats kinda the point, i just want to get him to stop revving all the time, and acting like he's hot shit, because it just bothers me.

also he has a condisending look alot of the time when i pull up so i'd like to end that.
[/b]

This guy I worked with used to do that in a Tracker! :lolsign: :lolsign: :ph34r:
[/b][/quote]

ha, its probablly because that guys tracker was defintly was sweeter than either GN, the cobra, the spider, and the CTS-V all put together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info