3800 is this really the coupler....??

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
thanks ryan

lol
[/b]
cant tell either, im sure you have gotten pretty good with removing the stuff, replace it and dont worry about it again. voyteks snout bearings are going out on his and you can hear it at idle on a cold day pretty well. when he revs and then lets off its real bad, it just got louder over time slowly. if thats the case,then you might want to start there.
good luck

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I couldn't hear it either, but in my experience a coupler is only able to be heard at ~idle and slightly above. Any revs over about 1000 RPM and the noise disappears. If you have a rattle like that, coupler is probably bad.

I'm surprised it survived that long, with the small pullies you've had on for quite some time now.
My stocker crapped out on a 3.25 pulley at about 55k miles :(

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
if i hold the rpms about 2800 or so, its real loud, and if i just lightly raise the rpms to 3k or so, and let off, you can hear it pretty good. i should have done all that (geased the bearing and new coupler when i had the blower apart. ill take it off over the winter when i swap tb's and re-furbish is a little, if i dont get a gen v....

is it possible the valve train is making noise?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info