3800 who was it today

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well I got about 4 calls today from people that went down to Byron dragway. This white GP came in on a trailor. cowl hood, skinnies in the back. apparently it was ear deffining loud, but didnt go anywhere. it was only hitting very very high 12's. This is what my friends told me, they said it looked ugly and sounded even worse.

???????????kinda wonder who could make a car that bad? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That was us... The car was sporting the slicks, skinnies, and hood from the drag car. Unfortunately it was experiencing problems all day and trapped as low as 100mph (IIRC) throughout the day (from 111mph at it's last outing).

BTW, the car you're referring to managed a 12.19 with stock heads, stock cam, stock transmission, Gen III blower, stock (modified) throttle body, stock transmission, S&S headers... etc. It's a street car meant to show off what a street build can accomplish. It's also less than 2/10ths off the cam rocker record with a significantly tamer setup.

It ran consistent 12.3's today despite still being 5mph down on it's trap at the end of the day.

Funny you should mention how ugly the car was. Everyone we spoke to thought it looked really cool and there was a steady stream of people in the staging lanes checking it out. I suppose if you think the Intense turbo car looks ugly then this looked ugly too. It's all a matter of taste I suppose.

Oddly enough I was thinking tonight about the car and remembered Ron telling me about a year ago that he wanted 11's on stock rockers. I also remember thinking that was an unrealistic goal. Fast forward to now and he's removed a full second from last year's time and is well within reach of 11's as the car sits (assuming he can get it's issues fixed).

I'm likened to believe that we're done for the year with that car...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yeah, the best runs all day were a few 12.30's. It ran 12.30, 12.50, 12.70, and 13.20. MPH was down quite a bit, car was acting pretty retarded. If your friends left early it would make sense. We ran it twice, than had a bunch of downtime checking over the motor before we ran it again. I hotlapped the last three runs as the sun was setting and it ran more consistantly.

It looks pretty badass to me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...my wife thinks it looks like ass too. At least no one I ran against beat me today. The best was a Camaro SS that ran a 12.50 to my 12.30. Traction was bad though, last track outing I was pulling 1.70 60's on 9.5" QTP's, this week high 1.70's/low 1.80's on ET Drags that were a full inch wider. Traction was an issue today for sure, but my top end was crap with the misfires. At one point the car would gasp when you hit the gas, still haven't figured that one out yet. It's been driven less than a block since the last track day when it was working flawlessly, today is was a dog.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
That was us... The car was sporting the slicks, skinnies, and hood from the drag car. Unfortunately it was experiencing problems all day and trapped as low as 100mph (IIRC) throughout the day (from 111mph at it's last outing).

BTW, the car you're referring to managed a 12.19 with stock heads, stock cam, stock transmission, Gen III blower, stock (modified) throttle body, stock transmission, S&S headers... etc. It's a street car meant to show off what a street build can accomplish. It's also less than 2/10ths off the cam rocker record with a significantly tamer setup.

It ran consistent 12.3's today despite still being 5mph down on it's trap at the end of the day.

Funny you should mention how ugly the car was. Everyone we spoke to thought it looked really cool and there was a steady stream of people in the staging lanes checking it out. I suppose if you think the Intense turbo car looks ugly then this looked ugly too. It's all a matter of taste I suppose.

Oddly enough I was thinking tonight about the car and remembered Ron telling me about a year ago that he wanted 11's on stock rockers. I also remember thinking that was an unrealistic goal. Fast forward to now and he's removed a full second from last year's time and is well within reach of 11's as the car sits (assuming he can get it's issues fixed).

I'm likened to believe that we're done for the year with that car...
[/b]

So it has 2 stock transmissions?? Im guessing theres two engines as well. :p :lolsign: Did Ron and James get together and make another superbeast??

Most dont even pay attention to GTPPWR anymore. When that 160 down the ohio turnpike came out and he was let go, that shot down his credability.

Also, I hear theres some modded LT1 at Byron constantly that cant even spin the tires in the burnout box. Much less lift em. :eek:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We were going to keep the two engine/ two transmission thing on the DL... :p

I know it's hard to judge people's true intentions on the other side of a monitor. It just bothers me when questions are asked with the intent of eliciting a specific response or just generally stirring crap up... I'll give jacob the benefit of the doubt despite the car and the truck it came in on being covered in W Body Store stickers...

As for the car, here it is in all it's uglyness. I think it looks hot.

uglycar.jpg

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
i think the rason why people would say it looks like ass is just that they are not used to seeing drags on the front of a car, and skinnies int he back.. i think it looks like ass like that too. but i also know its beautiful with the right wheels on it... but then again, choose... fast or pretty! lol

I

imported_Theautoguy

I was there, the car looked great except for the spartan interior but hey, that's my taste. The only negative comments I heard was regarding the god awful racket it made going down the track! Mike, the exhaustless thing was bad but kudos for being there running faster than most of the FWD imports without break on the launch.

The traction was awsome earlier in the day but died off around 3'ish.

By the way, I was with the "Wheelie-King" Mustang, the track was hooking great out of the box but was horrible after 300'!

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL

I know it's hard to judge people's true intentions on the other side of a monitor. It just bothers me when questions are asked with the intent of eliciting a specific response or just generally stirring crap up... I'll give jacob the benefit of the doubt despite the car and the truck it came in on being covered in W Body Store stickers...

uglycar.jpg

[/b]

:blink: wow, that does look good. B)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

uglycar.jpg

[/b]

Damnnn, thats a RACE car. Looks nice Ron.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info